Blendmount for V1 now fits SEL Passat 2012 up

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
If you have used Blendmounts in the past, you know how neat they are. Very well made, but not cheap. Look into their wiring options as well.

http://blendmount.com/volkswagen-mirror.html

They now have a model to fit the Passat SEL with self dimming mirror. (VW-003)

This mount clamps to the rearview mirror STEM. (there are coupons out there, use google.... :D )

BTW, of you want to make your views on Radar detectors known, start your own thread. Thank you.

Bill

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
If you have used Blendmounts in the past, you know how neat they are. Very well made, but not cheap. Look into their wiring options as well.

http://blendmount.com/volkswagen-mirror.html

They now have a model to fit the Passat SEL with self dimming mirror. (VW-003)

This mount clamps to the rearview mirror STEM. (there are coupons out there, use google.... :D )

BTW, of you want to make your views on Radar detectors known, start your own thread. Thank you.

Bill
Thanks, just ordered off of amazon for 79 with free shipping.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Well, I finally got around to installing this thing.... fits like it was made for the car. (It was!)

Works well, now I am going to send my 10 year old V1 off for an update and get the wiring squared away.

Bill

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Well, I finally got around to installing this thing.... fits like it was made for the car. (It was!)

Works well, now I am going to send my 10 year old V1 off for an update and get the wiring squared away.

Bill
Pics please!

Remounting my V1 is a project for next weekend. Do you have the concealed display? If so, where did you put it?

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Hi Don,

I don't have any pics, sorry. Click here :http://www.blendmount.com/volkswagen-mirror.html

and then click on 'VW-003' for a detailed view.

I am thinking of getting the Valentine V1 Connection that will bluetooth to my iPhone 5, using 'V1connection, The App'. This will allow the phone to be the concealed display...

Kinda neat and available for Android as well, but don't know where to put the phone... Heh.

Bill

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Hi Don,
Kinda neat and available for Android as well, but don't know where to put the phone... Heh.
Brings me to my next question.. Have you seen any decent mounts for the phone?

I've always liked the ProClip solutions, however their Passat soluation is really subpar. It basically mounts right over the analog clock. Not only is it tacky looking, any cords hang right down in front of your radio.

I just found out about the a Kuda mount. It mounts in my ideal spot, but the mount itself looks terrible.

This is the Proclip mount for the MkV Jetta. Seing as how the head unit is the same between the two cars, I'm not quite sure why this one wouldn't work in the NMS:

I may be sending them an email tomorrow to find out.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Brings me to my next question.. Have you seen any decent mounts for the phone?

I've always liked the ProClip solutions, however their Passat solution is really sub par. It basically mounts right over the analog clock. Not only is it tacky looking, any cords hang right down in front of your radio.
I have the ProClip in my car. With so many clocks available, I don't miss the analog one that is covered. In the picture below you can see where I used a removable hook to lead the cord off to the right of the head unit. That didn't last in the Texas heat. I have now found that you can tuck the cord up under the air ducts to the left of the phone between the wood grain and the padded area under the vent. This hides and holds the cord very well. It also lets it run down the left side of the head unit out of the way similar to what the hook did on the right side. Nothing extra needed and a simple solution. I will take a pic tonight and post to show.

After with new routing

Last edited:

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
Thanks, just ordered off of amazon for 79 with free shipping.
Well, I ordered the wrong one. So, for the record. I reordered directly from the Blendmount site model BBE-2022.
I did find an old coupon that actually when applied gave me a 13% discount or approx. $16 off.
That was a nice surprise, as I could find no listing of current coupons when searching the web.