Bleached Bargain Bin

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
Clutch kit came in today!!:D

My admin was giving me crap for having to carry it to my office, snicker. i'll bust it open tonight and see if it survived. :)

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Cool :)
Two hybrid turbos shipped out today as well.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
but..but...I only needed one! Wait...was one of those mine???...man that is burning a hole in my pocket!! :D

David A. Ross

Need oil, fliter and fog lights

Need some Pentosynth, a OEM oil filter, and what do you have in the way of fog lights that may be bolted on without modifications. Thank you. :)

Dave
Klamath Falls, Oregon

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
One was your's Rickstah...another was someone elses :p
David: PM sent :)

Last edited:

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
(dances around in his computer room):D

clutch kit is here
intake is here
turbo on the way
Left voice msg for Jeff to ship the chips
need turbo oil line
need mycruiseagent's egt product

Man...Thanksgiving weekend could be a friggin bear!! :eek:

BleachedBora

TDI
Turbo should be there tomorrow--let us all know your impressions! :)
Meanwhile, I've had a few people ask for a Brembo racing package, they are rally drivers, but you wouldn't believe the cost for these things! In any case, I put together a competitive package. I also added some wipers (I can also get Bosch Icons and Winter wipers), and lowered a bunch of prices by a couple bucks. Don't worry Rickstah, turbos were not included ;)
-BB

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
whew, that's a relief...my profit-sharing check is almost burned to a crisp! Uh...brake package? :cool:

BleachedBora

TDI
I've run a few different combionations in A3's (4 different cars). What I'm running now, and also what I feel is the best combination is the Zimmermann cross drilled rotors paired with AKEBONO ceramic pads. Very low dust along with amazing stopping power in the wet, dry, or at 130 MPH. :)
I figured put the best in front seeing as the drums in back don't do much...
-BB

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
that sounds reasonable :)....did you put that package together or should I just look for them? The turbo came in :D . Sure looks stock!! :p

BleachedBora

TDI
Looks stock--but hopefully the compressor side looks like the pictures...
Meanwhile as listed above, (make sure to remove the shims, they caused me nothing but problems)
AKEBONO Ceramic Pads w/shims EUR704 --- $85
Zimmermann Cross Drilled Rotor 1HM615301E --- $65/ea ($130)
Shipping: $20 Total: $235

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
dangit, Aaron...it's like you have me hypnotized..."Giiiiiive meeeee moooonneeyyyyyy" :eek:

NO! NOooooo! (runs screaming from his office)

BleachedBora

TDI
Unfortunately my supplier don't carry the Koni's. TDIparts.com is your best source for those. If you change your mind I'd be happy to help you with the Bilstein's--I know that I love them as does everyone else I know with the setup :)
Meanwhile, I have a group buy that I just started *pokes Rickstah* ;)
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1524231

Last edited:

BleachedBora

TDI
Uhm...I think you meant Friend!! :p

Griz419

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 spd
price check in aisle 2:)

I live in Toledo, OH 43613 and would need it all shipped unless you are close. I couldn't find where you are located.

I am going to need: 1 oil filter, 1 air filter, 1 fuel filter, 1 charcoal cabin filter and enough oil for an oil change. (which ever oil you would recomend for my climate where I go through 0 degree winters and 100 summers, I bought it not too long ago and haven't changed it yet.)

BleachedBora

TDI
FYI my profile has airplane talk (well, I am studying to be a commercial pilot! ;))
PDX= Portland, Oregon (fly there tomorrow morning at 6, gotta go to bed!)
PVU is Provo, Utah. Hmm, I should see if I can fit 'Provo' in the location but keep PDX...*ponders*

Anyway, PM Sent!
Thanks,
-BB

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi Aaron, I'm ordering the return line from impex, plus the turbo return line gasket and the "union" they recommend getting...is this the only line that could get hurt during the removal/install? Is the oil supply line subject to injury if it has never been loosened? There is also a copper washer under the union on top of the turbo, this sounds different from the union I am buying on Impex...can the washer be had locally or do I need to order them, too? :confused: What other parts lurk, awaiting my ill-aimed wrenches? I also fear the stories I have read about the banjo bolt, and just now I see on Bentley some washers it says to always replace? I'm reposting this from another thread where no advice was offered, and I need to get the stuff ordered in. Is there a kit somewhere that provides all the consumables during a turbo change? Talk to me flyboy ;)

BleachedBora

TDI
Oh my--that's a lot of parts!
On the 8 turbos that have been replaced on my car the oil return line has been replaced twice. Other than that everything else has been reused. Most people who have ordered turbos from me just bolt it up, but some have also replaced the oil return line, and a few have gone all the way and replaced everything... Ill-aimed wrenches can do a lot of damage, but I figure my ill-placed right foot can do a lot more damage if I am not careful :p (like keeping 1600 degrees on EGT for too long!).
Unless things are shot to pieces, it sounds like what you have should be sufficient...
Hope that helps!
-BB

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
:cool: helps a little, snicker. I just saw where Bentley says to replace exhaust man. bolts. What is this ETKA I see when searching...retail program that lets one look up dealer part numbers? OK, no more questions...I think I'm gonna get a wireless helmet cam so everyone can see how NOT to install a turbo :p

OK, ordered all the gaskets and washers I could find on impex, even got the crush washers for the new nozzles. I'm still leery of this banjo bolt that has caused a lot of grief, though. Worry wart, signing off and beginning the softening-up process for new brakes :) "Man, don't you think the brakes on Christine are acting kind of weird, babe?" (worried look on face)

OK, finally found where that union may be the replacement for the banjo part...hopefully.

Last edited:

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Rick, if you have the banjo bolt union on the return line, the copper seals are the same as the drain plug. Your oil return line doesn't need replacing, just the gasket and the copper seals. I do always replace the oil supply line if the turbo is bad.

Hint: be very careful torquing the two bolts that secure the oil return line to the turbo. They like to snap off........same bolt that secures the oil pan.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
oil pan?? Nobody mentioned anything about the oil pan when I read through the turbo how-to...mumble mumble :confused: . I hope you mean the bolt is the same type? (decides that is what paramedick meant and relaxes a little) :D Oh well, already ordered the oil return line, and from what I can see the supply line looks ok...I'll know more next week when I get the thing up on ramps. Thanks for the hint...hopefully I can get a torque wrench on those puppies

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Just a point. If one of the oil return line bolts break, they are the same bolt that secures the oil pan, so you know where to steal one temporarily.

Just use a 3/8 inch torque wrench. They are at a really low torque.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
paramedick said:
Just use a 3/8 inch torque wrench. They are at a really low torque.
I use the "Calibrated Elbow";) :) !!

BB, I can't believe you keep all that stuff in your dorm room. Hope at least your on the first floor! You are crazy!

Last edited:

BleachedBora

TDI
Actually I only keep filters, a couple turbos, a few cases of oil and a few odds and ends in my apartment--a couple of clutch kits and more oil I keep in my friends apartment, the rest I get overnighted to me. I really wish I could drop ship, but that's not an option with my supplier. :( If anyone needs an AT filter kit and 4 liters of AT fluid I've been sitting on that for a long time (from a guy that backed out)...Whoever needs it, send me a fair offer and it's yours.
In any case, I am on the second floor way inside the building, when I hear a huff and a puff I know that the UPS man is lugging another 40 lb. box down the hall! :p

B4Ugo

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat 1Z, 2003 W8 TIP, 2004 GLX 4motion wagon 6spd tdi.
BleachedBora, I noticed the KKK hybrids you have. Have you anything to do with GT15/17's......have or can get?

BleachedBora

TDI
I can get the GT15/17 hybrids--they cost a bit more these days though, and tend to be a bit less robust than the K03/K04. I've sold 1 GT15/17 hybrid, the rest (6) have been K03/K04 hybrids. I imagine you'd be looking in the $895-950 range for a GT15/17. The KKK turbos also have the same mounting points as the Garrett's, so either will work for you.
I might have to hold off on the K03 hybrids though until February--I have some of the last K03's available in North America right now. They've been on backorder from the factory. There are two more that I can get, but they are going to cost me an extra $220 to get (which means a new K03 would run $770). This is temporary until the factory ships out new ones in March, but I would like to keep at least one of the two K03's on hand for someone that blows a turbo. The second one I can turn into a hybrid for the first person that wants it...
*Sigh* I love selling turbos, I hate being out of them! ;)
-BB

B4Ugo

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat 1Z, 2003 W8 TIP, 2004 GLX 4motion wagon 6spd tdi.
Thanks for the informative reply. Too bad about the back-order, though.

That Garrett could cost me as much as $1500CDN by the time the dust settles. I will first explore the option of a local shop hybridizing my gt15 (currently out of the car). If that doesn't work out I suppose I could just have it rebuilt stock, put it back in & use it, and try and recoup my dough in the spring and put it towards a KKK hybrid. A basic rebuild runs about ~$725CDN after Tx's.
I'm proud to be Canadian but there are disadvantages; like when modding.
It costs me more than double, for example, for a mech. boost controller by the time it arrives at the door.
Thanks again.