Bleached Bargain Bin

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
BleachedBora Bargain Bin (BBBB)

Error with this page and it's not posting; checking with the moderators. Please check www.boraparts.com in the meantime.

Last edited:

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
[No message]

Last edited:

jettasmoke

TDI
Jetta 98
how long would I wait for a hybrid turbo for my 98 jetta AHU??
and would it work with sprint 520 and ups st2 chip??
any cons about the hybrid turbo???
thanks
paul

BleachedBora

TDI
jettasmoke said:
how long would I wait for a hybrid turbo for my 98 jetta AHU??
and would it work with sprint 520 and ups st2 chip??
any cons about the hybrid turbo???
thanks
paul
I could ship one off tomorrow!
PM sent :)

A stock KKK-K03 is on the left, and a KKK-K03/K04 hybrid is on the right. The housing is the same, but the wheel on the compressor side of the hybrid is from a K04 turbo--this allows more air to be pushed without increasing lag. Performace is great! ~50 degrees cooler, ~2 more MPG and more power!
Cheers,

-BB

OilBurnerDE

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat T-Red
BigAndy said:
Hi - what's included in the A3 Timing belt kit (including manufacturer)?
I second this question (B4) Need to change mine as it is past due. Never replaced anything since I had it, although I did just change the Inj pump last week, had to use the old belt.:eek:

BleachedBora

TDI
It includes everything that needs changing...however, if you have not changed out your water pump recently I'd recommend doing that as well.
Continental (or Flennor) timing belt: 028 109 119 P
Tensioner: 028 109 243 F
OEM SKF top roller: 028 109 244
Continental serpentine belt: 6PK 1145
Continental power steering belt: 11.5 X 790
OEM Victor Reinz Valve cover gasket: 028 103 483 G
Victor Reinz cam seal: 068 103 085E
Thanks!
-BB

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Aaron, arent you selling the Elf Excellium 4w40 now too? If so, how much is it? :)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
As for shipping, Bend is between SLC and TTD if you take the scenic route home for the holidays. :D But that would put me way back. I guess it depends on when that long block arrives.

BleachedBora

TDI
Tim,
Problem is that I am flying back ;)

Justin,
I have never heard of a 4w40--care to enlighten me? :p
I have the Evolution 0w30 listed--although I'm not actively selling it until I get rid of some of my Pentosynth/Liquimoly stock. Although I do have the most agressive ELF Evolution 0w30 pricing right now :). I'll probably carry the Excellium DID 505.01 5w40 as well, and then keep a few bottles of Liquimoly and Pentosynth as well as all the other ELF oils available as special order items only (I am actually carrying the ELF Competition 15w50 505.00 oil as well--a rally club down in Mexico decided that's the oil they wanted from me ;))
Anyway, hope that helps!
-BB
I'm leaning towards

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
BleachedBora said:
Justin,
I have never heard of a 4w40--care to enlighten me? :p
I have the Evolution 0w30 listed--although I'm not actively selling it until I get rid of some of my Pentosynth/Liquimoly stock. Although I do have the most agressive ELF Evolution 0w30 pricing right now :). I'll probably carry the Excellium DID 505.01 5w40 as well, and then keep a few bottles of Liquimoly and Pentosynth as well as all the other ELF oils available as special order items only (I am actually carrying the ELF Competition 15w50 505.00 oil as well--a rally club down in Mexico decided that's the oil they wanted from me ;))
Anyway, hope that helps!
-BB
I'm leaning towards
Ahhh.. typo. Should have been 5w40.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
BleachedBora said:
Tim,
Problem is that I am flying back ;)

I'm leaning towards
So I can expect clucth parts via air drop?

And did you fall asleep at the end of that post?

BleachedBora

TDI
Oops--appears that I did fall asleep at the end of that post--that's what happens when you get 4 hours of sleep a night and you need 8 to function!
As I was saying...
I'm leaning towards...carrying the ELF Evolution 506.01 CRV 0W30, as well as the ELF Excellium 505.01 DID 5W40. I'll be able to special order cases of whatever people want, and I'll keep a limited supply of the Liquimoly and the Pentosynth on hand for those like Justin who have to have the Liquimoly ;)
Should work out well, as long as my room and my dad's garage don't become a warehouse!
-BB

BleachedBora

TDI
Back from Europe--anyone else?

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
Hi BB...I may be interested in a hybrid turbo for an AHU if you still have one...your description of it sounds like there are no negatives :)...I'll be putting it on Christine, who has an UPS chip and will have UPS nozzles as soon as I get a head put on it...still on the fence about how to handle the head...local redo or ship one from someone that does a more performance-oriented redo that can make it a little more able to handle the upgrades.

arvina

Veteran Member
Brazoria (or as we call it, an hour south of houst
TDI
2000 Tornado Red Jetta GL TDI 200,000 miles
i don't really need any of this stuff right now, but it would be nice to have when i need it in the future. i haven't had time to look around. are the prices competitive or are they the same as somewhere else? can we wager? is shipping less through you or a company.

BleachedBora

TDI
Rickstah--PMs sent!
Arvina, I try to keep my prices slightly lower everyone else. As you notice I keep the "sources" page, so I tend to be on top of the pricing. I am a student and can't afford to be a big vendor here on the club. My volume is actually quite small, perhaps the smallest on the club; also, my inventory has to fit into my college apartment room. That said if you talk to the many people that have done business with me they like the one on one experience, hence I get a lot of return business. In any case, I hope that answers your question.
As for shipping, I get a pretty good discount from DHL, but if you have a shipping account number you want to use that's fine.
Funny that I have not moved more oil though--especially the Liquimoly and the ELF, both are the cheapest I have seen *shrugs*
-BB

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey BB, I just have one or two questions about the hybrid, then can you please PM me a final price for one of these turbos? Shipping zip code is 73127

1) I was reading in another thread (Peter Cheuk) about some hybrid turbos having a little lag, etc, and maybe needing some software changes...I assume this is not the case with this one? This will be plug-n-play?

2) Is a new oil-feed line to the turbo commonly available locally for my mechanic, or do I need to get one?

3) will this deliver more boost than what I have now, given the UPS chip? Right now it gets up to..ummm...16 or more? I'm blank at the moment...dang...senior moment....before it drops back. I don't have a dawes device on it...will this turbo necessitate something further to control boost?

That seems to be all...since i'm having UPS .205 nozzles put in, I may as well make most of the old things new...cause I'm gonna be teaching that little dude in the whaletail Civic not to zing me with that phart can of his, snicker :)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
His prices are great. So far my Timing Belt kit is free. :p

Of course, some day he will send me a bill, then I'll have to pay something.

BleachedBora

TDI
No, just insanely busy getting everything together after having been gone two weeks... Ugh.
Sorry.
To answer your questions:
1) I was reading in another thread (Peter Cheuk) about some hybrid turbos having a little lag, etc, and maybe needing some software changes...I assume this is not the case with this one? This will be plug-n-play?
Most of the lag associated with hybrid turbos was for the old Upsolute III setup--which if I remember right wasn't even a hybrid, but I might be wrong...jet lag is messing with me ;)
Anyway, the exhaust side is exactly the same on this, so it's smaller that most of the old school hybrids, but the compressor side is out of the K04, so it will flow a lot more air from almost the same amount of fuel. I found more boost, less EGTs (~50 degrees) and better economy (~2-3 MPG) out of my hybrid K03/K04 than I did out of the stock K03. Mine was virtually lag free.

2) Is a new oil-feed line to the turbo commonly available locally for my mechanic, or do I need to get one?
Not too available, I used to be able to get them quite cheaply, but now my source has dried up. Ask the dealer for this part:
028 145 736AE
If you ask for the preferred customer discount they should give you 20% off, making the price ~$50. If it's higher then you can buy it from Impex here:
http://worldimpex.com/item_detail.html?sku=78190

3) will this deliver more boost than what I have now, given the UPS chip? Right now it gets up to..ummm...16 or more? I'm blank at the moment...dang...senior moment....before it drops back. I don't have a dawes device on it...will this turbo necessitate something further to control boost?
The turbo comes set for 20 lbs. of boost on the wastegate. Of course it will vary + or - a couple pounds depending on what power setup you have. If you find you have a lot more boost or a lot less boost than you want, then you will want to either adjust the wastegate or get a daws device. They are listed in my signature for less than $30.

Hope that helps, and sorry for the delay.
-BB

PS PM's sent to Whitey and Rickstah on costs :)

Ernie Rogers

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle, 2003, silver
Bleached, are you there?

I would like some of that oil, but I don't know how to order it.

Ernie Rogers

BleachedBora said:
Alright guys, I need some funds here... For a very limited time ELF Evolution 506.01 oil for $200/case shipped; I have 5 cases I have to move.... I also have two cases of Elf Excellium 5w40 $160/case shipped http://www.elfmoto.us/elfauto/elfexcellium5w40.php

BleachedBora

TDI
Ernie,
I just got your email, for some reason it went to the bulk folder :( Sorry about that...
I'll call you in the morning!
Thanks,
-Aaron

arvina

Veteran Member
Brazoria (or as we call it, an hour south of houst
TDI
2000 Tornado Red Jetta GL TDI 200,000 miles
so far i'm interested in the bilstein tcs, the pp520, and some oil/filters. i'd like a clutch kit also, but i dont have the money. or i wont have the money. i wont be buying anyt of this stuff untill late november or early december.:eek: are the bilstiens the only ones you sell? i'd really like to only buy the struts and buy a...softer pair of shocks. what all comes in the mount kit?

BleachedBora

TDI
The Bilstein are the most popular that I sell, and I can get HD, TC and Sports. I can also get OEM Sachs and KYB. I'll try to get some sort of discount put together for a fellow student :) *ponders that as a marketing tool ;)* It's recommended that the strut mounts are replaced, and they come with bearings in the kits.
PM me with what you're after and I can start putting together a price list.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi BB, I want the hybrid turbo and the clutch kit, no flywheel. PMed you my shipping address. Once you PM me the total price for both and shipping, I can either wire you funds or mail a money order, whatever you want. Do you have the rear main seal for Christine, or should I track that down somewhere else?

BleachedBora

TDI
Got it all--thanks for the business! :)
Also, two cases of the ELF sold, three more to go...

BleachedBora

TDI
I could be persuaded...PM in the works...