BLACKED OUT 2005 Passat GLS TDI Chainless Chipped Heater Phatnoise Loaded

Performance_Addict

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q7 TDI Prestige
Howdy! I am finally selling my B5.5. I hate to see it go. It has been a wonderful car. I have owned the car since ~78K and bought it from Autohause in Royal Oak, MI. As soon as I bought the car, I did all of the proper maintenance since there were no records from the previous owner(s):

BSM Chainless mod/fix done by MoGolf and Mr. Bergell in Howell, MI. Bought parts from World Impex.
Transmission fluid filter flushed and filled when bought and at 130K. OEM every time.
100K timing kit installed by Mr. Bergell when bought
Ventectomy allows more fuel in tank
Fuel filter done every 20-25K MANN
Cabin Filter changed every 20-25K MANN
Oil filter changed every 5K MANN
Mobil 1 TDT 5W40 every 10K
Air Filter changed every 20K MANN
Went to Steel 5V Glow plugs and had an RC1+ chip done. Glow plugs changed @ 130K. OEM.
6K HID Headlights low and High beams installed
Class 3 hitch with trailer plug in trunk
Aftermarket smoke headlight and tailights. Headlights are Halo (low beam/park)
TDI heater installed @ 100K
Kenwood PhatNoise (MP3 player/Hard Drive runs as CD changer) in trunk.
Heated seats (working)
Leatherette interior
Home Link (working)
Full Size spare with OEM rim. Used once.
Brand new front tires.
Rear tires @ 40%
Brakes at 40%. Have new pads/rotors/fluid/bleeder kit included.
ZERO leaks. No red stains. No oil leaks
Brand new OEM driveshafts and CV joints/boots (left/right)
OEM splash shield installed.
Moonroof (no leaks)
35% passenger/driver tint. Rear windows 20%
Comes with remaining filters, Left over parts, OEM fluids, etc.
~132,000 miles. Wife's DD, so mileage will increase ~70/day.

Issues:
Some paint missing on the rear passenger wheel well (see pic in slideshow). It was like that when I bought it. I always wanted to fix it, but never got to it. Barely noticeable.

Financials:
I have put a lot of money and time into this car to make it last a long time and look very sporty.
NADA is ~$8725 but that price does not include the $2500 BSM fix, $450 chip, $150 HID's, $250 PhatNoise, etc...
NADA Link: http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2005/Volkswagen/Passat-4-Cyl-Turbo/Sedan-4D-GLS-TDI/Values
I am asking $9000 which I feel is fair including all the mods minus the minor paintwork that needs to be addressed.

Pics:
http://s206.photobucket.com/user/lbrous01/slideshow/Black 2005 Passat TDI

Serious inquiries only. Email me at Lbrous01@Yahoo dot com or call/text 810-nyne55-3zeven9sicks for more info.

Last edited:

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
So GM is forcing you to sell the car? I thought you said its your wifes DD, so how would they know you own it unless you drove it onto the premises.

I thought if you worked for GM or Chrysler you could drive other makes of cars but they made you park a long way away from the entrance of the plant........

Performance_Addict

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q7 TDI Prestige
I did not say that...

I am staying loyal to GM and need to sell my last VW so I can buy another GM prodcut. I also drive the VW at times into work hence the GM parking sticker in the photo.

This is a personal decision...

Performance_Addict

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q7 TDI Prestige
I bought an authentic OEM VW Paint Code: [FONT=&quot]Black code: L041/A1 Paint repair kit (Complete kit with instructions, primer, base coat, and clear coat) to include with the sale unless it gets warm in Michigan for me to repair the rear wheel well that has some clear coat missing.

Car runs great! 40MPG or better - depending on how fast/slow you drive. Lots of interest, but no cash in hand. Make me a reasonable offer. I am not interested in $1k - $1.5k price drops.
[/FONT]

Performance_Addict

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q7 TDI Prestige
Bump. If you want to trade, it would have to be a lower mileage AWD SUV made by GM. Otherwise, looking for a cash, certified bank check sale. Thanks!

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
What is this "BSM Chainless mod/fix," you eloquently disclose?
The BHW engine in these cars comes with a Balance Shaft Module from the factory, to quell vibrations somewhat.

It's a weak design in which the chain/guides that drive it from the crank are prone to failure, spitting metal into the oil pan and/or locking up outright. There is also a hex shaft that wears out internally, also with the potential to stop the oil pump.

With the potential to destroy the engine, most B5 owners either delete the BSM and retrofit ALH oil pump parts, which are most plug-and-play, or install an updated version of the BSM which is gear driven, although that version still has the hex shaft.

Deleting is $300 in parts, updated gear-driven version is $1000 more. either version requires about 8 hours labor on top of the parts.