Black Haze Workshop Downpipe and MRTuning

srlbotanical

TDI
2011 JSW TDI Platinum Gray/Black Manual, Stage 2, Deleted
2011 JSW CJAA
I just installed the Black Haze WorkShop downpipe/midpipe and a stage 2 tune from MRTuning.

This is the package I received.

Everything is 304 stainless and TIG welded. Beautiful work.

The pipe comes with no instructions, so I just followed the instructions from another well known pipe maker. MRTuning was fantastic to work with and the Powergate tuner was easy to use. I sent my stock tune over to Martin at MRT and had the stage 2 tune back the following day.

The fit of the pipe was perfect.

Overall I am thrilled with the install.

The wagon feels like a brand new car. The tune really woke it up. It runs great, no dash lights, and much better drivability.

I wish I would have done this sooner.

As a bonus, I got back about 3/4 of my investment selling the catalytic converter and DPF.

Last edited:

Hinzipwo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI (auto)
awesome, i've never owned one of these cars but its always awesome seeing people delete and tune and really experience what i feel like should have been from the factory.

nice work!

TDI
2013 Jetta
Nice. I'm doing the same thing this weekend with my stuff from Chris. May I ask where you found these other instructions? Mine doesn't have any either.

TDI
2013 Jetta
Those directions are much better than what I had (nothing). It does on there act like for Rawtek you're gonna reinstall 2 sensors and I know I only have one bung. With MRtuning which sensor are you keeping?

TDI
2013 Jetta
Looking at your pics it looks like your midpipe has it on it. I don't think mine does. *raises eyebrow*

***edit: I'm retarded thats a bolt on the floor***

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Nice looking unit. I like the tapered reducer. Hopefully the front hangers that other downpipes come with prove unnecessary. The original equipment that utilized the hanger is much heavier, so it could well be unneeded with a far lighter downpipe.

srlbotanical

TDI
2011 JSW TDI Platinum Gray/Black Manual, Stage 2, Deleted
Nice looking unit. I like the tapered reducer. Hopefully the front hangers that other downpipes come with prove unnecessary. The original equipment that utilized the hanger is much heavier, so it could well be unneeded with a far lighter downpipe.
I actually weighed the stuff I took off. The new pipe is almost 50 pounds lighter than what was there before.

VW_Factor

TDI
2003 Jetta, 2009 Jetta, 2020 Passat R-Line Gasser
Quick question about this package?

Where did you get the software for the Powergate programmer? I can't find anyway to get this thing working. Says it needs a template file?