Bizzarre Code(s). My vag-com wont' translate this one!

wwhalenc

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 Jetta with AHU
OK, the first is a no brainer, but has anyone seen the last three? The last one doesn't even have a description. Has anyone seen that one before??

Thanks in advance for any info or insight --Chris

00560 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation System
17-10 - Control Difference - Intermittent
00765 - Slide Control Travel [?] Sensor (G149)
35-10 - - - Intermittent
01268 - Quantity Adjuster (N146)
15-00 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Not Reached
15356 - Unknown Error Code
02-00 - Signal Shorted to Ground

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
What version of VAG-COM are you using (what does the writing say on the top of the screen when you start the program)?

wwhalenc

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 Jetta with AHU
I don't have it handy...it's getting pretty long in the tooth though. Probably about 3 years? But his is an 1998 Tdi...so the code itself shouldn't be anything new right?

Uwe

Vendor , w/Business number
15356 is not a valid fault code. Not sure why you're getting that. ECU might be "confused".

Text for 00765 was updated at some point. Currently: "Modulating Piston Movement Sensor (G149)"

-Uwe-

wwhalenc

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 Jetta with AHU
could be "confused". This VAG setup has worked flawlessly on a few other vehicles...but for whatever reason, it's never been able to communicate with this vehicle gracefully. Often won't pull up the codes/dies cause of communication errors. Not sure, but I can believe there could be probs/idiosynchrosies w/ this car. I'll do the update per DE_Wolfsburg's suggestion. This laptop may be on it's way out as well. If it's the fault of the ECM, any suggestions for UN-"confusing" it? Huge thanks for the ideas/input.

Last edited:

redtdi966

Veteran Member
TDI
09 B-graphite sedan 6-sp (Bridgewater- NJ)
err 98 Jetta, clean the grounds under the battery tray. Get a good wire brush and sodium bi-carbonate. Jumper the two studs together with a good heavy gauge cable.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
redtdi966 said:
err 98 Jetta, clean the grounds under the battery tray. Get a good wire brush and sodium bi-carbonate. Jumper the two studs together with a good heavy gauge cable.
Agreed - a friend's 97 Jetta needed grounds cleaned up before my VAG-COM would even acknowledge the car had an ECU :)

A few other gremlins went into hiding afterward too...