Bit of a boast I suppose

MukGyver

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD
Wow, I would have to agree. That's pretty heavy and you're pushing a lot of air. I would be happy too.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, that is better than my natural-born diesel Vanagon can get, and it probably couldn't keep up with you, LOL.

miningman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
your numbers would be a bit more meaningfull if we knew your destination.......west into the mountains ?? east to flatland country?? north or ???

gbrandt

Veteran Member
TDI
ASV 1.9 TDI installed in a Vanagon
your numbers would be a bit more meaningfull if we knew your destination.......west into the mountains ?? east to flatland country?? north or ???
I suppose it would. Went into the mountains. Over two passes. Calgary to Jasper. Speed in our national parks in 90 km/h

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
I have a 1.9 ASV TDI in my 1987 Vanagon full Westfalia, upped to about 130 hp, EGR delete. I'm pretty heavy, about 2500 kilo fully loaded (5500 lbs). I went for a longer trip this weekend, 1000 km or about 600 miles. I got 35 MPG imperial, 30 MPG US! I think that's amazing!

Gregor
that is good. what trans, gearing, and tire size are you running? About to get my 82 AHU westy on the road. Full e swap with mk4 cluster. Still pondering gearing.

jlav0330

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
I suppose it would. Went into the mountains. Over two passes. Calgary to Jasper. Speed in our national parks in 90 km/h
OP let me ask you, does the top of the ALH stick out over that engine bay cover that's in the back of the van? Oddly enough, I went on a Vanagon Westfalia Youtube video binge this week, and saw that when people typically change out motors, they'll use a 1.8T, a Subaru engine, or one of the Ford Zetec engines. There's even a guy in TN that uses an 2.0 TDI that wasn't sold here in the US for conversions. The thing that bothers me about that 2.0 conversion is that the motor sticks out above the top engine bay cover, so you gotta build a new one. Does an ALH do this?