Biodiesel plug at my company picnic's car show

VWGMDIESELFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
(totaled 4/30/2014) 2002 JETTA GLS TDI
I want to enter my car in the car show Sept 5th to plug its value to the environment with the use of Biodiesel and performance. Only problem is my TDI is plane jane. Should I do it or not? I kinda feel like my car is not good enough or at least dressed up enough to enter it. I was thinking at least just putting an board on a stand next to it with some graphical representation of benefit to using say B20 through B99 comparied to D2 and the effciency of the diesel engine Bla Bla Bla, to at least peak the interest of the Engineers I work with(Xerox).

ICNTDRV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI
Fill 'er up with B100 and leave 'er runnin. The exhaust smell alone will get them interested.

tdisky

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (hers)
ICNTDRV said:
Fill 'er up with B100 and leave 'er runnin. The exhaust smell alone will get them interested.
Ditto. Also, I think that the more conventional the car looks (ie plain jane like mine) the more "realistic" it appears to others. That is, if they can make this car easily alternatively-fueled, they can make any car. It doesn't have to look like the Batmobile (or, a Prius for that matter).

soberups

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
You have a great opportunity to let people know that fuel efficient, alternative-fuel vehicles are real, available, and "normal". Most people dont want to do conversions or go to any hassle....they just want to get in, turn key, drive car and fill up the tank like they always do. You can show them that that is possible to do in a totally ordinary looking car.

ICNTDRV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI
Yep. Print up a poster along these lines, and display it above your nicely cleaned engine.

50MPG. No mods. No Trouble. No Gas. Ever.