Biodiesel in canada?

Lightman

Veteran Member
There isn't anything listed I dont believe, I had a cummins guy ask me if I knew where to find bio in canada. Do any of you get it up there??

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Currently few places, but with Kyoto Accord, we are supposed to have at least 500 million litres available yearly by 2010 (we'll see I guess). Myself, i have to go to Seattle to get it, but rumours are it will be publically available in Southern Ontario soon...

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Yeah...rumours, rumours. I have been waiting patiently since March. I get in touch with the guys who should be opening up a station from time to time, but haven't heard too much on the positive end. I am sure they will get one going, but seems that they didn't realize what is involved or soemthing like that. They seem to have their act together, but just have problems getting the station going.

Also supposed to get a huge production plant up an running just outside Toronto later this year. 60 million liters per year if I remember correctly. Hopefully that will bring more interest for the Bio-D around here. As far as I know, the only places to get bio-d around the toronto area are from your own backyard (make it) or from a co-op. Haven't really searched one out, though, if they even exist.

AVE_ENG

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta Atlantic Blue
I think that BD facility is going to be in Guelph, which is good for me.
May only be an R&D thing though.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Actually, it's in Oakville, and yes, it's not selling to the public yet.

TurbineTech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
VWDerf - Are the CBC Market Place Guys going to go into the current state of BioDiesel production when the show airs?

Any word from them yet on when the program will be?

dieseltwo

Veteran Member
The Big oil companys should pick up on this and start selling say B-20 at their stations along with their Reg., diesel. This would be good for us and even better for the oil companys

WaKramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
[ QUOTE ]
VW Derf wrote:

Myself, i have to go to Seattle to get it, but rumours are it will be publically available in Southern Ontario soon...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you're aware but there is a place in Acme (east of Bellingham on Mt. Baker Highway) selling B10. I read that McEvoy Oil Co. in Bellingham is their supplier. I don't know if McEvoy will sell directly to the public but it might be worth a try.

WaKramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
Just to update my previous post, they are selling B20 not B10 and the station is in Deming not Acme. Below is the press release from Puget Sound Clean Cities Coalition. It still isn't clear whether or not McEvoy will sell B100 to the general public. It would save you Vancouver guys quite a bit of driving if they did.

Biodiesel Public Access Fuel Station Opens in Deming, WA The Deming Quick Stop now features biodiesel (B20) right along side its gasoline and diesel fuels. The biodiesel is being provided to the fuel station by McEvoy Oil Company in Bellingham. The station is located in Deming, approximately 14 miles east of Bellingham at 4985 Mount Baker Highway and is open 6:30am to 10pm. All the usual forms of payment are accepted. The Deming Quick Stop can be contacted at (360) 592-5633. McEvoy Oil Company can be reached at (360) 734-5650.