Bio Diesel from Tampa FL to Raleigh/Durham NC

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
I've been down in Lakeland, Florida for a while now, and hooked up with Gone Diesel for a BioDiesel 100 run to Tampa. We talked about the possibility of purchasing a 55 gallon drum of fuel and a pump handle. I figure I have the capacity to transport one or two of these drums to NC if the NC people are interested in BD-100.

Post here or drop me a note if you live in Raleigh Durham area and would like to purchase some BD-100.

Pics of the BD run follow.

For those who live in Florida and are interested in purchasing directly from Ward Oil Company call:

Aaron Evenson
813 236 5591
800 232 5591
fax 813 238 7066

or email wardoil1@juno.com

[ April 20, 2002, 09:09: Message edited by: Driv'n EZ ]

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member

Gone Diesel (right) brought 5 gallon jugs in the trunk and Aaron is filling them one at a time. The Spout on the pump barely fits into the jug, so Terry pushes it in a quarter inch and opens the vent. When the jug is full the vent shoots out BD. Gone Diesel stood about 5" away from the danger zone here.

Here's Driv'n EZ after we turned the vents away.

Aaron is a Bio Diesel expert and does seminars throughout the SouthEast. He had just returned from doing a seminar in Miami at a Marina for 150 people. He is one helpful person and is enthusiastic about distributing USA made alternative fuels. The employees got together and had this "Tee" shirt made for him.

This is what BioDiesel looks like floating on water. Don't worry, it's Bio-Degradable ... and breaks down without causing harmful environmental impact.

[ April 20, 2002, 09:11: Message edited by: Driv'n EZ ]

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
You've been in Florida with them white legs??

I'm going to be in Cary visiting friends the first weekend in June. Would love a gallon or two to try out. How would that work with your schedule? Mary

imported_grommet

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2K, Blue
I agree $300 is steep. I would love to run B20, which means I would run through one barrel in about 8 months. I'm assuming it wouldn't be a problem getting "refills" in the future? Keep me in the loop...I would love to know how this turns out.

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
If I purchase 5 gallon plastic gasoline cans from WalMart and fill them up with 100 BD, it would be about 15 bucks for each tank filled.

The original price of $300 +- for the 55 gallon drum would include the price of the drum and the pump. The drum could be purchased without a pump, but I'm not sure how it could be pumped out without the pump. Subsequent refills would be less expensive, I'm sure.

Since I'm selling my home in NC at some time in the future, I'm not sure how many runs from Tampa to NC I will be making. In the interest of providing BD to the NC group, I'm willing to transport a couple 55 gallon barrels or equivalent 5 gallon cans if that's what people want.

[ April 16, 2002, 16:31: Message edited by: Driv'n EZ ]

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
At this point, I'm not going to go out of my way to get BD on a regular basis until it comes into our area. But, I would love to try some to see what I'm missing.
Put me in for a five gallon can if we can meet up in June. Thanks David!

imported_grommet

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2K, Blue
I too will be going with 5 gallon containers. What is the effective shelf life of bio when stored in plastic? Diluting it to B20 will put me at about 1 month per 5 gallon container. If I get 6, is there any chance it can spoil when October rolls around?

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
I'm going on last week's price. If Ward's price goes up then I'll have to charge accordingly. The idea here is to bring some BD up to NC for those who want to cover the costs. I'm not going to to be able to subsidize the fuel if Ward's price increases.

MNeiburger

I live down in Wilmington, NC and would love to try some bio-diesel...just started using Soyshield Diesel Additive a two tank fills ago. Let me know if you bring any back....might be a fun excuse to come up to the "big" city....

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
ss jimbo I think there might be some error in the pricing you posted. I think there was an honest mistake in the price I estimated to haul a drum to NC.

So, give Aaron a call again and ask him for updated price.

Also, I think it would be best if we didn't quote prices on this thread. Aaron will give us a good deal and 6 months from now, if prices change, it wouldn't be fair to have prices on the web that aren't accurate.

So, just call or email Ward Oil if you want to purchase your BioDiesel directly.

Thanks,
DEZ