Big Oil's Conspiracy

twoblink

Big Oil\'s Conspiracy

I think the real problem is big oil.

Let's take a look at history; You have Pague's super fuel efficient carberators that get 200 miles per gallon. They took him out.
You have machines like the Verelex motors and they are keeping them down. You have things like the split cycle engines (www.splitcycle.com.au), a 1 litre engine gets 60 horses and something like 3000ft-lbs of torque!!!

We have superior technology, but we aren't using it. We have ways to design a car that will run for a few hundred miles a gallon. But what would that do to the oil business?? That's why they don't do it.

Consider the Jeep Wrangler... Toyota's engines as well as Honda's puts out 2x the horse power, is twices as fuel efficient even with twice the power output, yet look at Jeep. Is Honda and Toyota using technology yet unseen? VTEC's been around for years, so has dual overhead cam, and variable valve timing. We have superior fuel injectors as well that can get atomization roughly in the 90% area. Do we use them? No.

Buckminster Fuller built a "Bucky-car" that seated 9 people, got 40 miles per gallon, and with fullerene structures, they were very safe. That was in the 50's. So why do we still have cars like Kia's which is basically a cardboard on wheels in terms of safety?

It's all a big oil conspiracy and I'm sick of it.

So if any of you out there is a multi-millionaire and is sick of these big oil conspiracies, let me know. I have designs for building a car that:

1) Is safe enough to run head first into a Mack Truck and still survive
2) Get's probably triple digits in terms of mpg

I just don't have the money to build it...

Albert

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
Re: Big Oil\'s Conspiracy

Personally, I place these supposedly ultra high mpg vehicles in the category of Lock Ness Monster, Big Foot, Crop Circles, UFOs, etc.

The laws of thermodynamics can only be pushed so far.
JMHO.

------------------
Ric Woodruff

1998 Jetta TDI Sport

Dante

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2000 Golf GLS TDI

I recently came upon the makings of a diesel-related conspiracy theory while reading about biodiesel. Mr. Diesel demonstrated one of his first motors using peanut oil as fuel. He said he thought vegetable oils would one day be important as fuel. While he was trying to convince the Brits to convert their submarine fleet to diesel engines he "dissapeared." Later his body was found in the English Channel. The Brits blamed the French, who had already converted their sub fleet to diesel, but could it have been "big oil"? Right after Diesel's death, petroleum refiners started calling the oils that would burn in his engines "diesel fuel" and everyone forgot about vegetable oils.

BTW Rick, bigfoot is REAL

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dante Driver:

BTW Rick, bigfoot is REAL
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know about all they hype about Sasquatch, I used to live in the Pacific Northwest.

BTW: One of the contractor's who used to work here, swears that while out in the woods, he ran into a "swamp monkey", the Florida name for bigfoot. Then again, he had a lot of stories to tell!

Hey SkyPup, run into the swamp monkey yet?

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW

Just consider our EPA regs which have done a good job of keeping TDIs off our roads. GM is well documented to have eliminated mass transit/street cars in the 50s. Big companies are known to buy up or encourage regulations to stifle competition. I think it's only human nature at work here. The powers that be have a vested interest.

chutzpah

Veteran Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by truman:
GM is well documented to have eliminated mass transit/street cars in the 50s. Big companies are known to buy up or encourage regulations to stifle competition.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a documentary on the GM/National City Lines story: http://www.newday.com/films/Taken_for_a_Ride.html . I just found it on a web search, but I'd be interested in seeing it. Unfortunately, the Marion County Library doesn't have a copy. This seems like a very interesting story, and it makes me wonder what our country would be like now if we had a real public transportation system!

Sorry if this takes us too far off the "TDI Emisisons" topic...

[Wow, this is fascinating. Here's a tiny bit of further reading (Google finds a lot when you search for National City Lines and GM):
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI> http://www.upa.pdx.edu/MB/TRB/bianco.html
<LI> http://www.bilderberg.org/nclchoms.htm
<LI> http://www.erev.org/col27.html [/list]]

[This message has been edited by chutzpah (edited August 02, 2000).]

cars wanted

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS-TDI, 2000, white/beige

Buckminster Fuller's "Dymaxion" car was built in the 1930s, not the 1950s. Very innovative car, and supremely maneuverable.