BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

CantWrite

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon (BHW/5-spd conv, 03T). I keep in touch with the (2) ALH's I sold.
@Windex i see the power steering support you were talking about.

appreciate you all jumping in to help out this newbie.

MEgearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5, 4L, 4G
@krook

You can find aftermarket for the hydraulic mount if you want.

Corteco 21652660
Lemforder 2586502
Febi 31980
Meyle 1001300011

At 1/3 the price it's likely cheaper to buy the hardware and switch back to the standard one's. I put the hydraulic one's on mine because I got a really good deal when RockAuto was discontinuing Lemforder. I felt is was slightly less vibration. At the time I had just deleted the balance shaft and was trying to reduce the vibration. Now it doesn't bother me especially since it's the third car now not the primary like it was at the time.

@CantWrite

Don't sweat hydraulic vs. non-hydraulic for the trans mounts. Drive more worry less.

Last edited:

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
What's the part number for the BHW snub mount? The online trusted vendors don't seem to call it that for the BHW as the only "snub mounts" that come up in search are only for the gasser B5s. I know the BHW uses a different part number than the gassers. Thanks in advance.

Is it the jounce protector mount a/k/a engine torque mount? 8D0199339M

Last edited:

CantWrite

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon (BHW/5-spd conv, 03T). I keep in touch with the (2) ALH's I sold.
Started my car this morning, and WOW what a difference. I don’t have a vibration meter but it’s as smooth as anything I own now. So glad I finally did this!!

its currently at the shop getting welded.

krook

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 B5 AWX, A4 B5 AFN
I stumbled upon an interesting thing in a local fb group, one member tried Meyle 100 199 0189 mounts in his 5.5 with great results. He claims they work equally well as the original ones he got at a partout but he hopes they'll last longer than those. He also posted videos that are a little less scientific than Windex's but show promising results. This mount is originally a right hand side mount in an Audi B6/B7 but they plug n play in the B5 chassis as well. Looking at the price, I might try them as replacements before I bite the bullet and get the original VW ones for 500 eur.

caffeine

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Allroad w/04 BHW/02X conversion, 00 ALH Jetta
I stumbled upon an interesting thing in a local fb group, one member tried Meyle 100 199 0189 mounts in his 5.5 with great results. He claims they work equally well as the original ones he got at a partout but he hopes they'll last longer than those. He also posted videos that are a little less scientific than Windex's but show promising results. This mount is originally a right hand side mount in an Audi B6/B7 but they plug n play in the B5 chassis as well. Looking at the price, I might try them as replacements before I bite the bullet and get the original VW ones for 500 eur.
Looks like those are made for B6 and B7 TDIs.

krook

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 B5 AWX, A4 B5 AFN
Looks like those are made for B6 and B7 TDIs.
Exactly, that is something I mention in my post. FYI the engine is more or less the same in those with added exhaust aftertreatment systems. That means their mounts will bolt on to B5/5.5 TDIs. The left engine mount B6/B7s use has an electrical valve which stiffens it up when not idling, that's why you use two of the right hand side ones. An interesting thing I stumbled upon when playing with EDC15s is that they are totally capable of handling these dynamic mounts, as in the map is there in the ECU, you just have to fill it with values and add the hardware and necessary wiring.

caffeine

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Allroad w/04 BHW/02X conversion, 00 ALH Jetta
Exactly, that is something I mention in my post. FYI the engine is more or less the same in those with added exhaust aftertreatment systems. That means their mounts will bolt on to B5/5.5 TDIs. The left engine mount B6/B7s use has an electrical valve which stiffens it up when not idling, that's why you use two of the right hand side ones. An interesting thing I stumbled upon when playing with EDC15s is that they are totally capable of handling these dynamic mounts, as in the map is there in the ECU, you just have to fill it with values and add the hardware and necessary wiring.
Interesting. I'd love to know how to find that table in an EDC16