BEW stand alone

vwpowwwa

TDI
rail buggy tdi swap.
Has any made a thread for redoing a harness for a bew? I have went through my harness the best I can with very minimal pinouts and everything works and engine does start and idle but does not respond to throttle. Pedal is sending signal, took a pedal off a running vw jetta. Checked wires coming from pedal to ecm and the ohm out fine. I have wired up clutch switch also and still no trottle. Can anyone help this dilemma?

Alchemist

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 ALH Golf
I am guessing that you didn't connect the brake light wiring. If the ECU sees the brakes are on, it will not allow throttle response.

To get around not having the complete original wiring do the following.

1. Connect the Red/Black wire from T94-87 (ECU) to ground. This wire comes out at T10E-4 the black connector in the plenum.

2. Connect the White/Yellow wire from T94-65 to ignition switched +12V. This wire comes out at T10E-5

The ECU will now see the brakes are released and allow throttle response.

HTH

vwpowwwa

TDI
rail buggy tdi swap.
Okay I will try that, I tried hooking the brake switch and holding in and out and still wouldnt work. But putting the 12v on it sounds like it would fix it. Thank you.

vwpowwwa

TDI
rail buggy tdi swap.
Didn't work, I hooked them up like you said and did it straight off the ecm. It revs up when you start it, shut it off leave ignition on unhook pedal and plug it back in and start the engine it don't Rev high but yet there still is no throttle. I have tried a pedal off a daily driving jetta and it still don't work. Pined out the pedal to ecm and there is continuity on the right pins. So any other ideas?

Braddman

TDI
2006 Audi A4 BHW 2.0 TDI, 2005 Toyota Tacoma BHW TDI Swap
Has the immobilizer been deleted on your ecu? When you try to run a BPW ecu standalone without an immobilizer delete the engine will idle but have no throttle response the ecu will still increase injection quantity depending on engine load I test drove my Tacoma like this and hit 50km/h in 6th. With a BHW ecu on the other hand it will start the engine but shutoff right away if the immobilizer has not been deleted for a stand alone setup.

If you need wiring diagrams I recommend you get a subscription for your MK4 Jetta/Golf on the AllData DIY website that is what I did when I TDI swapped my Tacoma. Totally worth the $50 or so, per year per vehicle.

CasaEd

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Passat TDi B4, VW Passat TDi B4 GL, VW Passat B3 PD AWX Conversion
If the engine starts and idles then it is not an immo fault. I would connect vag-com and check that when you push the accelerator pedal down it go's from 0-100%. If not then you have a wiring issue or ECU software problem.

CasaEd

Veteran Member
TDI
Just something else I forgot to ask, is the idle a normal idle, approx 900rpm or a faster idle, like 1200rpm ?

vwpowwwa

TDI
rail buggy tdi swap.
Just something else I forgot to ask, is the idle a normal idle, approx 900rpm or a faster idle, like 1200rpm ?
It is normal 900rpm or so, it does the fast 1200 until I unplug the pedal and plug it back in then start it back up and it idles at 900rpm.

CasaEd

Veteran Member
TDI
And you are 100% sure the pedal is correctly wired, because the idle speed at 1200 usually indicates the pedal is wired wrong. Are you using 5 or 6 wires to the pedal and which type of pedal is it ?

vwpowwwa

TDI
rail buggy tdi swap.
And you are 100% sure the pedal is correctly wired, because the idle speed at 1200 usually indicates the pedal is wired wrong. Are you using 5 or 6 wires to the pedal and which type of pedal is it ?
6 wire pedal I've ohm the wires 4 different times and once with someone helping.
Got a correct schmatic for the pedal? Maybe mine is wrong.

CasaEd

Veteran Member
TDI
Is this EDC 16 ? If so be very careful as to what you insert into the ecu plug because if the test probe is too large it opens up the terminal and yes you have the correct resistance's but when you plug it back together the terminal is now too large to make correct contact with the pin, Ask me how I know this.

vwpowwwa

TDI
rail buggy tdi swap.
Is this EDC 16 ? If so be very careful as to what you insert into the ecu plug because if the test probe is too large it opens up the terminal and yes you have the correct resistance's but when you plug it back together the terminal is now too large to make correct contact with the pin, Ask me how I know this.
All ohm I do is back probed, but I have in past seen this happen. Thank you for your response