BEW Injector re-Noozling?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Have any of youse with a BEW done an injector nozzle replacement to something like a DLC800 or 1043 and found an MPG improvement? With or without a turbo upgrade to something-not-nuts?
cheers,
Douglas

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Have any of youse with a BEW done an injector nozzle replacement to something like a DLC800 or 1043 and found an MPG improvement? With or without a turbo upgrade to something-not-nuts?
cheers,
Douglas
Subscribed.

BEW361

TDI
2004 GLS sedan
cheers,
Douglas
I did the Bosio 800s, and yes I am seeing the improved economy as stated which is about a 5mpg improvement. Aside from a tune Everything else is stock. Back in November on an east coast road trip I achieved 52 mpg, best ever but one time. In the last two months 3 times achieved 48 mpg. Yesterday I did a road trip with an extra spare tire, ten pounds of water and food with ice in cooler and 85mph with some heavy passing moments, and it was a solid 45mpg.

BEW361

TDI
2004 GLS sedan
cheers,
Douglas
I have an update on my fuel mileage: I drove 460 miles and had a little less than a half a tank when I filled up again. 55.3 miles per gallon. That is amazing for PD and one with 238K miles on it. I drove 65-70, no hard accelerations, and used cruise control allot of the time.

mkuiper

TDI
04 Jetta TDI
just stock with nozzles on the PD? May have to look into this now. Old nozzles probably worn anyhow/leaky. Too expensive to replace full injector unless needed

BEW361

TDI
2004 GLS sedan
I don’t really know. Probably more powerful, but I don’t know how the nearly identical injectors accomplish that. Latest addition to my Jetta with the pumpe duse injectors is the Old Man intake pipe from Kerma TDI. I’m routinely getting over 50mpg. Great power to efficiency combination.

BEW361

TDI
2004 GLS sedan
Also, I picked up a 2005 Jetta TDI wagon with 52K miles. This is going to be a project over winter. I just did timing belt, Fratelli Bosio 1043s, and old man intake pipe. Going to slap on a bigger turbo and clutch over winter.

SeattleMK4Golf_BEW

TDI
2006 1.9 TDI Golf (BEW)
Hello @BEW361 (and everyone on here).

Seeking opinions on whether I can get away with installing a GT1756V turbo onto an all stock (aside from Colt cam + Malone Stage 2 tune) MK4 BEW Golf while keeping stock injectors and nozzles? Goal is to get HP up to around 180 or so, which is well within limits of the GT1756V turbo's max HP.

I have the Wuzetem 1043 nozzles in hand, but it'd take 4+ weeks to get them mounted onto my injectors & I'm tempted to return them (get $400 back).

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
Hello @BEW361 (and everyone on here).

Seeking opinions on whether I can get away with installing a GT1756V turbo onto an all stock (aside from Colt cam + Malone Stage 2 tune) MK4 BEW Golf while keeping stock injectors and nozzles? Goal is to get HP up to around 180 or so, which is well within limits of the GT1756V turbo's max HP.

I have the Wuzetem 1043 nozzles in hand, but it'd take 4+ weeks to get them mounted onto my injectors & I'm tempted to return them (get $400 back).
trying to get "180hp" out of stock tiny pd100 nozzles just won't work out very well. not really sure what the absolute max those will put out as far as actual MG of fuel, but the inection times would be very long, lots of advance... to go above "150hp" or so, you really need much bigger nozzles, at least if you don't to do it the right, and safe healthy way...

SeattleMK4Golf_BEW

TDI
2006 1.9 TDI Golf (BEW)
trying to get "180hp" out of stock tiny pd100 nozzles just won't work out very well. not really sure what the absolute max those will put out as far as actual MG of fuel, but the inection times would be very long, lots of advance... to go above "150hp" or so, you really need much bigger nozzles, at least if you don't to do it the right, and safe healthy way...
@burpod Thank you very much for your weigh-in on this matter!

My TDI has 150K miles on it and I'd like to drive it for many more years to come, so it sounds like I need to proceed with having my Wuzetem 1043 nozzles mounted when I upgrade my turbo. Once all of this is done, I'm going to send some logs to Malone and have them adjust my tune (Stage 2).