Best stations to fill up at

PharoahTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Hi,

I am taking a vacation out east this month and I was wondering what stations were the best to fill up at. In Ontario I only use Sunoco Gold but I am not sure what there is on the east coast.
Any suggestions?

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
You want to stop at a station that sells lots of diesel fuel. The stuff in the tank is pretty much the same no matter where you go, but in some stations it may have been in there a long time and that is not good. If they don't bother to replace their filters etc, that is not good. Ideally you will see commercial trucks filling up there.

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
Joe_Meehan said:
You want to stop at a station that sells lots of diesel fuel. The stuff in the tank is pretty much the same no matter where you go, but in some stations it may have been in there a long time and that is not good. If they don't bother to replace their filters etc, that is not good. Ideally you will see commercial trucks filling up there.
Irving Big Stops.... Clean Diesel and tons of traffic. They're at every third exit, give or take.

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
And with the Big Stop's, I still can't get over a fully automated washroom... does pretty well darn near everything for you!:eek:

Uncle_Dave

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI Wagon A4 Silver
I would keep one eye on the guage. Some place between Toronto and Huron I stopped at a service plaza. No Diesel, Zipp. Dropped my speed to 65 MPH, and made it. Long time ago I used a few gallons of Purple, I got from a Tractor dealer. I look for volume in sales. Don't run dry, it is possible, or so my brother tells me.