Best option for front struts replacement?

linsChaho

TDI
I know there are a myriad of front struts available out there with and without springs. An router login y suggestions on which route to go on my Variant would be appreciated. definitely not going with cheap chinese ones. router login

Last edited:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Replaced mine with Koni yellows. Quite happy with them. A little stiffer than stock. I also changed out my springs with an eibach pro kit at the same time.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
I used cheap ebay shocks on all 4 corners some 2.5 to 3 years ago for less than 150 a set.

Kept oem springs. No issues as of yet.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Both my B5s have Billy HDs on them, they fit perfect and last a really long time, don't rust, and give it a nice firm ride.

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I also put Koni Yellows on my B5 A4 Avant years ago, and my son is still driving the car. It's also on the stock sport springs. Excellent shocks. Also had Koni Yellows on my MkIV GTi.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
I recently put Koni Orange on my wagon. Quite nice for handling and about 10-15% firmer than stock. I used oe springs

stefhelm

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
I did Koni FSD's (the gold ones). And then Air-Lift helper bags in the back which I only really use when I have the whole fam, dogs, thule box and 4 bikes on the car! I'm a fan of the ride style. They are probably near end of life at this point though. I have put on a ton of KM's since that swap... I'd say 150,000-200,000km.