Best Mileage Yet!/Accurate Mileage Predictor?

thomamon

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
So coming off my best MPG per fill up yet at 45.7, which is 1.2 miles better then my previous best. So I am quite happy about that. That fill up was from the BP station right near where I live that just started carrying Diesel about two weeks ago.

I wanted to fill up there again, but I was on my way home from work and the mileage predictor said I had only 15 miles left and I was 30 miles from home. When I filled up it took 13.81 gallons as you can see from Fuelly. Do you think I would have made it home?

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
Yes, it would have made it home, no question.

The fuelly thing is from fuelly.com

jmarshall

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta 6MT
So coming off my best MPG per fill up yet at 45.7, which is 1.2 miles better then my previous best. So I am quite happy about that. That fill up was from the BP station right near where I live that just started carrying Diesel about two weeks ago.
I wanted to fill up there again, but I was on my way home from work and the mileage predictor said I had only 15 miles left and I was 30 miles from home. When I filled up it took 13.81 gallons as you can see from Fuelly. Do you think I would have made it home?
Assuming you fill to the brim, you had at least a gallon of fuel left upon filling up

LarBear

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG
Just filled this afternoon, using the filling technique I've decided on (operate the nozzle manually at as low a flow rate as possible plus 4 "clicks"), and got 40.2 about half on the highway, and half suburban/town. Took just a dribble over 13 gal for almost 525 miles which doesn't exactly break my heart considering that's about twice the miles our other vehicle gives on the same amount of RUG.

Tire pressures ~35 psi. Removing the misfueling adapter is one of the best things I've done so far.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Total tank and filler pipe must be 16 gallons. I put 15 in mine all the time. I've pushed ~15.5 a couple times circumstanically, though a bad habit I try to avoid. When my MFD hits 0 miles remain, a brim-fill is 15 gallons right there. Anything under 14.5 gallons for me is a "short-fill" :eek:

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
How are you so sure?

Total tank and filler pipe must be 16 gallons. I put 15 in mine all the time. I've pushed ~15.5 a couple times circumstanically, though a bad habit I try to avoid. When my MFD hits 0 miles remain, a brim-fill is 15 gallons right there. Anything under 14.5 gallons for me is a "short-fill" :eek:
^^^^^ That's how :)

Numerous people have went well below DTE and have filled to the brim. There is definitely more than 14.5 in it.