Best Golf R Front Bumper Kit?

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
I'm thinking of adding a front Golf R replica bumper kit to my 12 Golf TDI Anyone have any suggestions on which kit to do with? I'm looking for a complete kit. Thanks

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
I was able to source mine off of Ebay from a company in Cali that had a decent amount of reviews and verified they had the product when I looked them up and called about it. Most come with the bumper cover (primed only), grilles and fog kit (sometimes w/ bulbs) for anywhere from $350-500 which isn't terrible. The kit is available on ECS for something like $750, but the same quality can be had for cheaper if you do your homework and free shipping is usually available. I got lucky when my neighbor backed into my front bumper this past fall, they simply cut me a check to cover for the parts I'd need and paint, so I went with the Ebay choice, got a good deal and got a little $ on top of it to boot. Just remember that the wheel arch lines on the fender do not line up nicely with the beginning arch lines on the R bumper cover. Some people don't mind the 1/2" difference, some folks get some body work done to the bumper while it's being painted to have them match.

Last edited:

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
That's not bad, but don't pay more than that. If it comes with fogs and wiring (LED etc.) make sure it either comes with, or you have the appropriate plugs/adapters and resistor box if needed.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
They make it sound like if you have factory fog lights the led lights will just plug right in. I guess you have to keep the side markers plugged in and tucked behind the bumper so you won't get a light out error.*

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
Nice, then you should be fine, I forgot you're speaking about a golf, apologies for being ignorant. And since you're in a golf, the body lines of the wheel arch shouldn't be an issue for you, only on the JSW. Smooth sailing!

Last edited:

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
Nice, then you should be fine, I forgot you're speaking about a golf, apologies for being ignorant. And since you're in a golf, the body lines of the wheel arch shouldn't be an issue for you, only on the JSW. Smooth sailing!
No problem...Thanks again I'm just going to keep researching to make sure I get the right one.

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
For reference, the one I got back in mid-October of '19 ran me $375 after sales tax. I spent 3-4 weeks looking, and found the prices will fluctuate. Good bargains are out there. If they still had any in stock, I'd add the URL, but they're out for now.

Also, I would think about replacing old and missing screws that hold the belly pan on and attach to the fender to ensure snug and secure fitment of the new cover. And having an extra set of hands to mount the new cover makes life easier when lining up the corners near the fender/lights etc.

Last edited:

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
For reference, the one I got back in mid-October of '19 ran me $375 after sales tax. I spent 3-4 weeks looking, and found the prices will fluctuate. Good bargains are out there. If they still had any in stock, I'd add the URL, but they're out for now.

Also, I would think about replacing old and missing screws that hold the belly pan on and attach to the fender to ensure snug and secure fitment of the new cover. And having an extra set of hands to mount the new cover makes life easier when lining up the corners near the fender/lights etc.
That was a great price you got. I agree I will replace any that are needed. Do you have a picture of yours installed? Do you know who makes it? Thanks