Best cold air intake

InfoSec

Veteran Member
I got out of VW's a few years back to get back into 335d's... those threads sucked worse than some of the older VW threads... and then I read this thread. The more things change, the more they seem to stay the same. But, I digress... I'm back here and I'm loving my Mk6 because it's not the dark, deep abyss that my heavily modded 335d was. I miss it, but not putting tires on it every 6 months. Looking to get another Malone tune (had a stage 5 on my ALH, a 2.9 on my 335d, and a stage 2 on my ML350) for the Golf, a darkside downpipe has been ordered (Thanks, RyanP) and I might go custom big turbo in the spring after riding around on the stage 2 when Mr. Matt W installs the downpipe in a few weeks. Looking forward to a great little car with only 13k miles on it. I imagine within the next 2-3 years, I'll have dropped a bunch of money into it and I won't regret it a bit... well, we'll see...

Oh, yeah, to keep this on topic, I had a stock airbox on my '03 Jetta ALH with a pretty-well built motor. No issues with it breathing. I had a VNT1756VK on it with Race 520's. It never seemed to starve for air.

Reactions: Ton

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
ill be the one out here..my 2011 cjaa has ran a apr air intake for over 400k..no turbo or maf issue...my brm has one, my touareg has one. never had an issue related to intakes..does it add hp, no not likely, does it sound amazing..yup

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Well, I guess you guys are trying to ensure that the OP never comes back.
this newb was a one hit wonder. we will never EVER see this user again
This was his only post and once he saw my post #25, GONE FOREVER, never to come back. at least that was the last time OP logged on!

Oulie2309
New member · From Corpus Christi texas
Joined Jan 14, 2019
Last seen Jan 22, 2019

Reactions: Ton