Best affordable place to buy NOx sensor?

jimmyto

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI 1.9 Diesel
Hi. Any ideas where I can buy a new NOx sensor besides VW dealership? I have a 2013 Passat sensor # 03L907807 AD continental part # 5WK9 6688A. Local dealership is asking $1200 for part. Their part # is also slightly different 03L907807 AF. I see businesses selling online the proper part number ending AD but with a different “continental part #”.

I tried cleaning sensor multiple times and I still get error code No Communication with NOx sensor 1 bank 1. Low DEF engine light error msg will not go away. When No Re-start red light appears, VCDS allows to reset but only for 50km. Checked with VCDS and tank shows 100% full.

Thank you for your feedback.

Speedmaster_102

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Sportwagen TDI
I know it's not what you're looking for when it comes to finding the part you need.

Since you mentioned you ordered the Ross-Tech VCDS, have you tried this NOx sensor troubleshooting method?

The AF is a superseded part number from AD, which means it's a revision/improved from the previous version.

Any local mom & pop automotive parts shop should be able to order in the part you need. Parts nowadays are not always readily available to purchase online due to pricing competition.

Try germanoem.ca, these guys should be able to help you. Contact them directly.

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
I checked Autocamping/Altrom for you and I don't see it listed.

However in the US dealers list it for ~$400 or ECS has it for ~$360USD vs the insane $1300 CAD. I would suggest you get it shipped from the US to a CDN parcel shipper.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Email the folks at Roseland Technical Services in NS and see if they can get it for you here in Canada: roselandtech.ca