Besides a slide hammer what is the best way to get out injectors?

bikerboyriley

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf 2 door
I have a slide hammer but cannot locate a 14mm 1.5 pitch coupling nut, apparently nowhere in my town seems to have anything. Is there any other ways to remove them without causing any damage?

Thanks

Sbeghan

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon 5spd 390k mi
Use, I think, a 15mm open ended wrench. Notice that the injector has flat sides. Wiggle it side it side a couple times and gently pull on it while wiggling, it will usually pull out.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Yeh I used a spare fuel pipe and screwed it on most of the way to give me something to pull on then did as above with an adjustable spanner, they came out fine and that was a 95 plate car in Scotland, land of rain and salt.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
To get the correct injector nut, I sacrificed one of the several injector lines that somehow accumulated in my garage over the years. Add a cheap harbor freight slide hammer, and it works great. Nowadays, DBW invented a clever little lever-type device he lends out with his hot-swaps. Might want to ask him if he has a pic

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
The same thread is used at the top of your front struts... If you've ever changed them, the new ones should have come with new nuts, and if you're like many here, you still have the old ones kicking around... Just find someone to weld one of them to something that fits on your slide hammer...

Yuri

bikerboyriley

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf 2 door
I would buy the slide hammer from kerma but I am just in a bit of a pinch and need it done this weekend. I have yet to replace my struts but I phoned my local vw dealership to see if they had any bolts but they did not. I am going to try the wrench method and hopefully none of mine are seized in too much!

vwdsmguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf black 5-spd
slide hammer

I got mine out by using the most appropriate bend of the 4 fuel lines. I then used a wrench on the injector flats to wiggle it back and forth while pulling up on the connected fuel line.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I got mine out by using the most appropriate bend of the 4 fuel lines. I then used a wrench on the injector flats to wiggle it back and forth while pulling up on the connected fuel line.

Exactly the same as me.

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Place an old blanket over the engine and turn it over, the compression will blow them out.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Have you priced a new injector line lately?

Y.

No but they're very easy to steal from a parked car :D

How many do you want? Which engine code? I keep forgetting i live in the land of plenty.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i've used a crows foot + breaker bar to loosen a really stubborn injector before. worked well