Beetle Related: Running Boards

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
This ain't TDI related, but TDI neither are, uh, mud flaps. So here goes:

I want to do my running boards in ribbed black rubber like on the original beetle. My car is white and the running boards attract scuff marks like the plague.
Besides, I think it will look cool.

Any ideas? I've checked just about every VW related catalogue, magazine, and website. I've even gone to Home Depot in hopes of buying the rubber and having them custom made. The closest I've seen is a really lame piece that doesn't nearly cover the whole running board <what there is of one>.

------------------
BeetleGo, bye-bye

BeetleGo

TDI
Thank you thank you thank you!
This is exactly the information that I needed!

Much obliged!

PEPO

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta GLS TDI
BeetleGo:

Go to Home Depo, They sell a Rubber Ribbed Runner carpet by Foot they have it in black.
Just cut to shape and stick it whith
contact cement or anything like that!!!
May be is a cheaper alternative!!! and looks pretty much the same!!!!

Good luck!!

BeetleGo

TDI
Hi Pepo,

I'll look into it. I've already checked Home Depot in my area and they didn't have such a product. Too bad. I'd be willing to try my hand at cutting the pieces to fit.

The thing about this other option is that the pieces do indeed fit. Have a look at the white demonatration beetle they did! I want to get the chrome stone guard for the back fender too. These pieces are both functional and make the car look better. I'll be able to make a better determination about whose rubber I use, based on the price quote I get.

Thanks,

------------------
BeetleGo, bye-bye