Beetle inside door handle for opening the door.

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
Mine doesn't stay snapped down in the front anymore. Suspect this is common but can't find much info on it. Anybody know of a fix without replacing the whole piece? It pops up when you open the door and has been progressively getting worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
Not the pull handle to close. The one to open the door. It's strange that it's loose but I could see a crap design causing it.

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
Have you reached out to dwiesel on this forum? He has a ton of parts for the Beetles.

Just search for "dwiesel".

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
There are 3 tabs that hold the front part in place. It's possible that they just need pushed back into place. You'll have to pull the door card off to check them out and reseat them. Or the tabs maybe be broke. In that case you'll need a replacement part.

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
Tabs are all there and in good shape. It comes out enough to see everything. Also the painted portion of the door panel right there looks and feels to be in perfect condition. I can even snap them back down but they pop loose over large bumps or when you open the door.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
Tabs are all there and in good shape. It comes out enough to see everything. Also the painted portion of the door panel right there looks and feels to be in perfect condition. I can even snap them back down but they pop loose over large bumps or when you open the door.

Usually when the tabs are snapped in all is tight. Check to see if the retaining screw is tight also.

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
Looked at it again and it looks like the front center clip is broken. I thought it was like an alignment pin. Atleast this post made me double check and realize it. Thanks for the reply :)