Beer swap at TDIFest

sleze

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon, 2005, Shadow Blue - DECEASED
There shouldn't be a problem if we tailgate these brews and never bring them into the hotel.

We should get a running list of what brews people are bringing so we don't have 35 cases of Lionshead showing up. (and please...no Iron City)

fastvicar

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, Indian Red
I should be able to bring Lancaster Brewing Company's Hop Hog and maybe another: any preferences between Milk Stout (very good stout), Strawberry Wheat or Gold Star Pilsner (quite Czech-like)?

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Very cool--the milk stout and the Star Pilsner sound great! Not big wheat people.

I will try to reserve some Sam Adam's limited edition Double Bock and Chocolate Bock. It will be hard. Scott will definitely bring some Watch City Brewing Company's "Hops Explosion."

I have a few months to find some good examples of fine Northeast Brewing skills. We also have some talent who brew for GTGs! Maybe we can talk them into a Fest brew! Oktoberfest anyone??!

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
I haven't read through the whole thread but Rock Bottom Brewery has a brew pub in the King Of Prussia mall and they have several great beers on tap as well as the "take-out" jug. I spent a week on business in the area and managed to try all the beers on tap several times over the week. :)

IAD_TDI

TDI
03 Jetta
Forget utz mine is middlesworth potatoe chips

Forget utz mine is Middlesworth potatoe chips, Been inporting then into DC for years. Good PChips do not get very far without help. What about some great wine that are local:);):D:p:cool:.

Not sure I can make it that weekend.

IAD_TDI

fastvicar

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, Indian Red
FWIW, I believe they are Middleswarth. Every now & then they will make an appearance around here. Very thin, light chip. I've been known to enjoy them occasionally...

Typically, how many chip brands do most of you have to choose from in your grocer's snack aisle?

Oh, and I pick up the ingredients for the TDIPA this Saturday. I'm not sure how much I'll need and, as with all home-brewing, no guarantees on the quality/quantity outcome.

AlaskaTDI

TDI
2004 Jetta
fastvicar said:
This is a great idea! Can anyone get me some Alaskan Brewing Smoked Porter? I have Amsoil for trade!

Guys, I am telling you--Victory Brewing's Prima Pils on tap will nearly make you wet yourselves. It is worth the 15 minute drive from Valley Forge just for the aroma.

I'll try to remember to bring some Lancaster Brewing Co.'s Hop Hog and Milk Stout. Both are quite good.
I wish I was going, I could bring you as much as you want. Since I live in Alaska. If you still wants some, maybe I could send you a care package. :)

MPGeez!

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Black TDI 5M PK2
Thought I'd renew interest in this GTG. Anyone into cigars? I have some German Fonsecas "Mit Zeder" (Oscuros) to donate to the cause--a bit small, a bit dark, but a bit good also. :cool:

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
I'll bring some clipper city beer along with me, and I could go for a cigar while drinkin some good beer. Also, if anyone brings a good dark beer, I would be up for that.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
jettafock said:
I'll bring some clipper city beer along with me, and I could go for a cigar while drinkin some good beer. Also, if anyone brings a good dark beer, I would be up for that.
There is a brewery about a mile from where I live that has a chocolate donut stout that is really quite good. I just picked up a 1/2 gallon growler this afternoon, in fact. If they have some the weekend before the fest, I might bring a couple of jugs with me..

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Wisconsinwagen said:
I shall be like Noah and bring two of every Leinenkugel's flavor in 6 packs of bottles. Viva la beer! :D
Doesn't sound like enough to quench PeterV's thirst for Limey Googles...:D

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Have you all thought of a time/date for said swap?

savd4one

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Passat Wagon - evil gasser :)
for liability reasons, fest staff doesn't know that this is going on ...ssshhhhhhh

Last edited by a moderator:

fastvicar

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, Indian Red
Ix-nay on the eer-bay.

I'm thinking late afternoon? I have karting and brew-tour to attend, as well as snooping around everyone else's rides, but other than that I'm free.

Anyone else for this non-event event?

MPGeez!

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Black TDI 5M PK2
Yeah, how is this gonna work anyway? :)

There doesn't seem to be any suitable down time except for before or after the brewery tour:

Saturday

12:45-2:00 Carting
2:30-4:30 How To Clinics
6:00-? Brewery Tour

Beer swap?

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
More Beer...

I will be coming from COLORADO, many microbreweries there! I may be going back to Boulder, what do you want?

Lyons: Oskars cans
Boulder: Mountain Sun Glass jars
and others.

Money for beer, right? :rolleyes:

John