Beauty & Da BEAST!

S

SkyPup

Springtime has Sprung!
Dogwoods in bloom, redbuds, azealas, etc. Lots of pollen in the air.

Our 98 NB with 42,000 miles on the clock is next to a dogwood I planted 15 years ago, there are quite a few wild natural ones too

Fully Upsoluted and Piperized mit TT straight through exhaust w/o muffler!

Starts instantly, runs dynomite, no smoke and no clatter on Amoco Premier #2 50 cetane fuel with Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement. Excellent high speed turbodiesel VW TDI!

[This message has been edited by SkyPup (edited March 04, 2001).]

smoothmove

I have read about your car, but never say pics of it. Very Nice. Have you ever upgraded your clutch yet? Post Upsolute.

------------------
2000 VW New Beetle TDI Upsolute with K&N

S

SkyPup

No problems with the clutch to date.

And it does get some heavy use too

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I was just in G'ville last week but only for two days so I didn't ring you up. Maybe next time!

It still looks like new, SkyPup.
May it outlast your 2002.

~BeetleGo

S

SkyPup

Geezz,you should have given me a call so I could pay you back.

Have you gotten Upsoluted yet? You won't regret it

BeetleGo

TDI
Um, I believe I owe YOU one. I'll make a point of contacting you next time I'm down.

I'm going to the VT GTG next week and expect to do the deed then. (It's amazing how you can rationalized potentially having to upgrade the clutch, once you realize you want the chip this bad!) From what I can tell, this clutch slipping thing may have to do with HOW you use the extra power - which makes me wonder whether you're just good about lifting completely off the go pedal between shifts, despite whaling on it once the gear is engaged. Afterall, you haven't had a problem yet on EITHER of your cars. It sounds like a bit of luck may be thrown in there as well. Anyway, I'll just budget to get the VR6/G60 upgrade down the road I guess, just in case....

------------------
BeetleGo, rarely slow
White 1998 NB 5-sp
Pretty much bone stock
Mud Flaps/Stone Guards/winter/fogs
------------------
"You said this was a DIESEL?!"

S

SkyPup

De Oel Burnin' Beast has not yet reached its prime.

Not a single problem.

Runs dynomite everyday and night.

Still uses absolutely no oil either.

Fast as hell

S

SkyPup

Hmm, must be due to global warming that my dogwoods are just budded out now, three weeks later than last year......

S

SkyPup

This truly has been one of the most trouble free fun to drive rides we've ever had, too bad so many other people have such headaches and problems with thier TDIs like VelvetFootie and the gang......

Dorado

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle TDI, 2002, Cool White
Very nice bug Skypup!!!
Our TDI bug is white also, and we also put in the black splashguards. I bet most people don't notice them right away. We're still pondering the bra vs the clear 3M stuff for the front bumper etc.

Your house is very beautiful, may you and your family enjoy it to the fullest! Definitely a nice place be pondering how to best release the energy in hydrocarbon chains that mother nature has stored from the sun...

All the best!

[ March 27, 2002, 17:17: Message edited by: Dorado ]

S

SkyPup

Thanks for the very kind words.

A NB TDI high performance ride is one of the most fun and unique rides in all of North America.

sfierz

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Tornado Red Passat
Amen, brother. We are part of the NB TDI crowd now, too. Although, the "old" Passat TDI is still the "elite" experience, IMHO.....--Steve

S

SkyPup

My wife had a Karmen Ghia in high school that we used to ride after school down to her afternoon job flippping burgers at Burger King, she bought the Ghia new in '66 for $2,300. She always wanted me to get her one and fix it up, however when the NB came out, she went nutz and we were one of the first to get one when they came available in '98, TDI of course. What a great car it has been, she loves it.

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
Damn!! i just got back a couple of weeks ago from spring break and now you got me wanting to go again... outstanding ride,, outstanding home..

NSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat
Tell me, what mods did you do to make it smoke the tires?

I have an Up'ed 98 Black TDI, I love it.
Don

S

SkyPup

Re: Beauty & Da BEAST!

Just about time for another Springtime photo shoot of the awesome NB!

BeetleGo

TDI

How many miles now?

Mine has 56k. It's in the shop though. Went up to VT last weekend. Road went left. Car went straight. Nasty weather 'event' on an otherwise totally blue sky weekend. Nothing like a sudden need of snowchains.... Impact was at 25-30 into a 6ft. snowbank. Damage limited to first crumple zone (i.e. bumper, grill, fogs, signals, a/c condensor, and possibly the oil pan). The headlights and hood were completely unscathed, since they are in the second zone. Airbags stayed put. No one was hurt.

Whaddaya want. It's winter up here (still)!

S

SkyPup

Geez, what a bust Mark!

Sorry to hear about the NB, but glad that you are okay. It must be difficult to drive on the ice with a hopped up TDI from all the torque. We've got to be careful passing in 5th at 60mph in the rain because the front tires just start spinning :eek:

Our NB has been going super strong for six years now and has 86,500 on the clock. No problems with anyting at all, just runs super strong all the time!

This TDI has really been GOOD, the damn thing has NEVER used any oil at all with 10,000 mile change outs with Amsoil 10W-40, simply incredible!

The azealeas and dogwoods are almost in full bloom but no quite, it was raining pretty good today.

S

SkyPup

[image]http://pics.tdiclub.com/members/SkyPup/Our%20TDIs%2FHerbie%2D1a%2Ejpg[/image]

Hmm, can't get the image server to work properly?

S

SkyPup

Six years and still running strong! Haven't ever had any problems with the TDI at all and it still uses NO OIL at all with Amsoil 10W-40 every 10,000 miles!

S

SkyPup

What a great little fun car this has been!

S

SkyPup

10-4, I changed my email to get rid of all the jerks from here.....