Bay Area Meetups?

B100

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
And the PC police are out!

The correct FULL name is Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) btw. Colloquially people use the source of a disease when the scientific name is too cumbersome. Spanish flu, German measles are just two examples. "Covid19" is an attempt to use a shorter term (apparently "SarzCuv2" was considered too long also).
"Spanish" Flu did not originate in Spain. Look it up.

It saddens me to see low-information dotards tossing around slurs without regard for the marginalizing effects those words can have. There are so many valued and longtime members of TDIClub who are of Asian descent, or have family in Asia, it's a shame that some here would feel need to denigrate them with these misguided labels.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
It has nothing to do with any derogatory meaning directed towards any race, but I definitely agree it originated from China period, and that's the truth, why do any race get upset when we tell the truth? We are not lying about it, If we read it came from there unless we would like to dance around and say something else.. No need to be touchy here

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
It has nothing to do with any derogatory meaning directed towards any race, but I definitely agree it originated from China period, and that's the truth, why do any race get upset when we tell the truth? We are not lying about it, If we read it came from there unless we would like to dance around and say something else.. No need to be touchy here
Exactly

No bias, no "judgement", no intended "micro aggresion". Honestly asains have contributed greatly.

What are we going to do next? Maybe rename male and female plumbing fitings? Massageness?
Rename the sink p-trap? Body shaming?
Maybe the pickle fork? Fruit discrimination
On and on... Common sense

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
................ agree China origination.

Is it fake news vis-vis: Wuhan. China's biological warfare research locale...........

This sailor - with increasing - sad to say - frequency has difficulty with whom to believe.

ez

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
We live in an era of dog whistle politics. There are valid reasons why doctors and scientists don't use distasteful terminology. Stay classy folks. :)

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
It seems to me that we prefer here in America the double standards, being honest get you in all kinds hot water, Virus was xfered from animal species to humans at a wet market in wuhan China, it really shocks me that now it is a crime to even say it, it is not even a lie but people are getting upset, it is not even being brutally honest to say it, guys it is the truth, I guess we need to hide the truth and not say it at all.

Last edited:

Rapid Transit

Veteran Member
TDI
03 4dr Golf GLS
That was a fun read. Political correctness is an attack on free speech. The knee jerk you’re being “racist” reaction is so yesterday, xenophobia is in fashion. WHO cares more about a New World Order than what the street name of the latest pandemic is. Just keep that dirty face diaper on while driving alone in your VW and you alone can save the world. I'm ready for another GTG, just let me know where and when. 🇺🇸

Last edited:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Before I'd wait 3 weeks to have a scheduled GTG after a couple of replies on a thread, now i wait 3 years and maybe more,,,

Pierre is probably happy with his vklr and is enjoying his jetta to the point that now does not even care about any GTG