Bay Area Meetups?

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
I have a TDI but it is in need of TLC, lots of it...

No matter, I'd love to participate if you guys DO finalize the even.
Let me know(I'll keep an eye out for this thread's happenings...)
I'm sort of in Sacramento/Vacaville area right now
Good luck :)

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Hey, bikeprof, just saw you're from Pagosa Springs. The feed store stop any more chicken trucks lately? :D

adamis

TDI
None
What's the name of Matt's shop in San Anselmo? I need my timing belt done and I'd like to get my car looked at by someone who really knows MKIVs. I'm overdue for a lot of maintenance and need someone that knows their stuff...

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
suscribed and ready to attend

TDIMK4GUY

TDI
02 reflex silver golf
Would love to talk TDI with some people in person. Maybe get some pointer on how to use bag-com now that I finally got one lol

Baumeister

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Beetle Convertible, '03 New Beetle TDI 5sp, '94 Audi Cabriolet(AFN swap in progress)
I'm in, I've been neglecting my TDIs the past few years without a GTG to get them in-shape for.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
it looks like it died down completely for the TDI meet up, no interest

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
It’s just not like the old days...we use to have alot of fun!

Hey DOK did not know you still hanging around the forum, hope everything is great for you,,, definitely never like the old days, we did not have to say a whole lot to get a GTG scheduled

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
A lot of us are still here!
we seem to be here but is it that we are all over the hill??? or our reflexes are shot? no motivation whatsoever, no GTG and no interest LOL

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
I think we were waiting on Andrew since he said to sit tight, he was working on something. But that was months ago and I believe he's been traveling, so no action so far...

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I am still thinking on how to make it happen. And yes I am traveling a lot by car and plane so time is limited. If anything I believe that it would have to be a non wrenching GTG because finding a place like in the past and having to worry about liability etc is now a real concern. My company is moving into a new location in the next 30 days at which time I will see it it will be feasible to have a GTG there. Other ideas would be to have a driving GTG to Lake tahoe with BBQ and overnight stay, or somewhere along the coast or the wine country. We live in an area with plenty to do; I just dont have the time I used to have but I am up to make make something happen.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
we seem to be here but is it that we are all over the hill??? or our reflexes are shot? no motivation whatsoever, no GTG and no interest LOL
Lots of interest, just thing got ruined and this page was in the crosshairs of the CA BAR for a while following the incident.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
I am down for any TDI GTG.. we could combine with shooting at Richmond RGC like before or mtn biking or whatever can bring us back together just to say Hi and catch up...
It saddens me to see how our TDI spirit seems to have all but died out completely. Not sure what drove this fall the most... the VW Diesel scandal, all the bad press & environmental stigma associated with owning a diesel, explosive growth of EVs, lack of young people interested having anything to do with diesel cars... loosing the San Pablo location due to the one a$$hole from SoCal or all the above
In any case, count me in to help out if anyone has an idea...

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Hi, Ive watched this thread recently. Im a multiple VW owner going back to a 59 baja in the 80s. Many inbetween. I presently own a 2011 JSW.

Any active members in the Modesto/Turlock area? How about any good TDI mechanics around this area?

Mike

TDISlowroller

TDI
MK6 Golf
I'm down..

Sorry for that SoCal bad seed, we're not all bad.
I'm down for a little road trip so if something is put together I'd love to join.

I just got a MK6 manual golf and have so much to learn and enjoy.

Thanks, looking forward to meeting you.
joe in North Hollywood Ca

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Would love to talk TDI with some people in person. Maybe get some pointer on how to use bag-com now that I finally got one lol
I live in Ceres, just got a 2011 Jetta wagon. what TDI. do you drive?

edit:
oops ha, looked at your sig... mk4

Last edited:

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
Maybe a get together focused on using VCDS, especially for us that just got it and are scratching our heads over all the stuff it can do.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Shoot this GTG planning has been in the works over 2 years still no GTG wow, i remembered back in the days we posted and only took a few replies and GTG was set up, next thing Aeron bora parts, Justin, oldpoopie, Matt AHU, wrenching, Jeff rocketship, Even Peter from Id parts showed up, and all kinds of members, from all over, sad now but it is the fact over 2 years and nothing,