Baumeister's 2003 Sundown Orange New Beetle GLS TDI

Baumeister

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Beetle Convertible, '03 New Beetle TDI 5sp, '94 Audi Cabriolet(AFN swap in progress)
I finally sorted some old pictures out, so I decided it was way past time for our TDI to have its own thread.

We bought our 2003 Sundown Orange New Beetle GLS TDI from Dirito Brothers, Walnut Creek, CA in December,2002 to commemorate Lisa's graduation from RN school. I mostly dealt over the phone and internet/email to make the deal over a week's time on a midnight blue 5 speed. Just as I was headed out the door to sign papers and pick it up, they called to announce that they pulled it our of their warehouse and it turns out its an auto, not a 5 speed. Sorry, that won't do...find her a 5 speed!

They scoured the west coast dealer inventories and found one in Reno...but it's orange, they said. That's perfect, it's Lisa's favorite color. They traded a Porsche Boxter to the Reno dealership to get it.

It arrived on December 23rd, along with one of those big red bows. They had their first NB Cabrio delivery sitting in the showroom with a $6k markup....automatic with a 2.0 naturally aspirated engine.

More to come....

Last edited: