Battery upgrade DIY

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
thanks. I am looking for anything around central ohio but wasn't sure if VofA had something I was missing
I just go to the local dealer websites and check their "specials." The coupons are sometimes hard to find. I did use a coupon that VWoA sent by mail, but it was the same as a national coupon that all the dealers seemed to have at that time. The dealers here also often honor any VW coupon- regardless of the website source.

Last edited:

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The dealer coupons I've used apply to both the H5 and H6. The upgrade is size in discussed above. An H7 does not fit without removing the battery tray.

garthpro

TDI
2015 gsw tdi (2011 tdi jetta wagen prior)
NTB had a $115 H5 that was 12 month. Dude comes out with a level up H% that is 24 month and 165 total. said f it and took it. easy swap and the lights all went out after the wheel turn except the engine light. that stayed on for 2 15-30' drives then was off the next morning when I started it. THANKS for anyone who helped me with advice.
Never could find a coupon and the local dealer quoted me 224$ based on my VIN. and I'm sure they wouldve wanted install and code fee. This place is so scammy. Under fills the oil when I was under warranty and tries to charge to do it proper.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Yeah - time to shop for a new dealer. I got the H6 OEM here for like $185CAD out the door - roughly $140USD.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Roughly same price, I think around $150? (both Maryland and Mass). I just walked the battery to the car and swapped it out in the dealer's lot. Takes 5 minutes. No need to pay any other fees or do coding for same battery type.