Battery replacement

delmd92

TDI
2014 A6, 2014 Q5
Hello all,
I know this has been asked before but I could not find a consistent answer. Please forgive the repeat.
Had to replace my battery this weekend. The debate seems to be about reprogramming the car. I have a '14 A6. I have the old and new OBD11. I cannot find the reprogramming section in either. I do not have VCDS. Does someone have detailed directions as to where to look for this in OBD11? Or do I even need to worry about reprogramming the car? I did replace the stock battery with an AutoZone Platinum AGM 900 CCA, 95 AH battery. Thanks.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
West Hill, Ont. Nov.2nd in Mexico till April 27th
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Hello all,
I know this has been asked before but I could not find a consistent answer. Please forgive the repeat.
Had to replace my battery this weekend. The debate seems to be about reprogramming the car. I have a '14 A6. I have the old and new OBD11. I cannot find the reprogramming section in either. I do not have VCDS. Does someone have detailed directions as to where to look for this in OBD11? Or do I even need to worry about reprogramming the car? I did replace the stock battery with an AutoZone Platinum AGM 900 CCA, 95 AH battery. Thanks.

Can't help you, but I too replaced my battery with a H8 AGM Duralast Platinum battery and had to make a change in the charging. Probably the same you bought. I used my Ross-Tech VCDS and changed from a flooded battery to an AGM battery.
A flooded battery can take a higher charge rate, the AGM prefers a lower charge rate.