Battery Covered Under CPO Buyback Warranty?

PilotPat24

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen 6 Speed Manual
Hi Guys,

My battery just died on my 2014 TDI JSW. Is the battery Covered under the CPO warranty? If it is, do I have to get the car there or can I just bring the battery to the dealership?

Thanks,

Pat

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
I seriously doubt it. Batteries wear out. I could easily see them being treated as a wear item. Most lead acid car batteries dont last much longer than 5 years. Your best bet is to see when the battery you have was put in (there is usually a sticker with month and year of installation on it) if the date was within the last 3 years you MAY have some sort of pro rated warranty left but you certainly wont get one for free. Word of advice though do your research and dont go cheap when you replace your battery if you cheap out you will likely find yourself replacing it again very soon as diesels aren't kind to batteries. In this instance you really do get what you pay for...

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Batteries are not covered under cpo, you can try checking the date to see if the dealer dealer you bought it from replaced it.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Maybe I am wrong but it was my impression that the batteries were one of the required items to be replaced before resale of the car. I would check that first, you may just get a new one or short prorated one out of the deal. How long have you owned the car?

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
Maybe I am wrong but it was my impression that the batteries were one of the required items to be replaced before resale of the car. I would check that first, you may just get a new one or short prorated one out of the deal. How long have you owned the car?
Tested and replaced IF it falls below a certain threshold on the test.

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI, 2007 Dodge Cummins QC 4X4 6 sp, 2007 John Deere 3120
I you aren't wrong, somebody owes me a battery! I bought my 2015 in January of 2017 and the battery date lines up close to when it rolled of the assembly line in late 2014.