Bargain GTC1549VZ? Not mine

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Sweet! Separate from the manifold too. Someone scoop this up!

@John, how is the Comanche coming?

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
On first glance price is low, but pretty sure it fell down once as the e-connector on actuator is broken off, and the actuator bracket looks bent.

So possibly this MAY be a bargain, but also take in consideration that it may be a good chance something inside the turbo is broken also, or per example the backplate may have hair-cracks.....

newlitemotorist

Veteran Member
TDI
06' Jetta TDI dsg, 445,000 miles and counting!
Am I missing something? I see several listings in that price range. These must be overly abundant across the pond!

senso

TDI
Bora Mk4(ALH)
Some or maybe half judging from what I have seen might be reman ones and require that you send your old one back or pay a lot more(this is more common in the German listings), but there seems to be a good quantity of 1549vz's in the 150€ price range, might snag one, if they really are good up to 170hp-180hp in a CR, they might be fine and dandy in an ALH targeting 150hp-160hp.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Some or maybe half judging from what I have seen might be reman ones and require that you send your old one back or pay a lot more(this is more common in the German listings), but there seems to be a good quantity of 1549vz's in the 150€ price range, might snag one, if they really are good up to 170hp-180hp in a CR, they might be fine and dandy in an ALH targeting 150hp-160hp.
I am getting 162hp/285lbft with my low smoke tune and 171hp/315lbft with more smoke from my 1Z engine. That is at the front wheels on the dyno. My clutch slips at 315 lb/ft, but is fine at 285 lb/ft. So I run the low smoke tune all the time.

Most important advantage to the GTC1549VZ is how lag free and responsive it is. Amazing.

Check Ebay.uk for more listings.