Bar Code Issue

GAZNRN

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
To all those preparing & submitting documents. I had sent my doc package in for the buyback...completed, witnessed & notarized...completely legible. Submitted 11/21 & reviewed 11/28...got email rejection on 12/8. Click to chat did not work...5 calls to the line (1st 4 got dropped) - 35 min on hold music to finally speak with someone who told me that there is a bar code on the bottom of each page and it was cut off (1/2 visible)on a couple pages and that I would have to resubmit the documents completed with the full bar code on all 7 pages. So I redid the docs and resubmitted. What next???

Just a heads up for all still working thru this process.

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan
When you scan the pages the QR code (located in the lower right of each page) must be fully visible because it contains your VIN# and claim reference code.

I noticed it immediately and used a QR code reader app on my iPhone to find out what it contained, so I knew it was important to include it when I uploaded my docs.

02TDIred

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta (225K, retired), 05 JSW (334K, retired) 2012 JSW, SEL Gone, 2016 GSW/TSI/6A
FWIW, after dnlding the set (signed and notarized) and then converting to a SINGLE .pdf file (a required format… but not stipulated)…… use yer' phone to read the QR code on the printed set of 7 pages.

Xtra step, but ensures (to some degree) that "they" won't (likely) have an issue w/ the upload.

DAMHIK :rolleyes:

GAZNRN

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
UPDATE: After receiving a rejection of docs email 12/8 I completed new set of docs with bar code clearly legible and mailed off docs on 12/8 & updated my action on website. The VW site continues to display "waiting on docs" message. I have made multiple calls...disconnected multiple times...forget the click to chat option as that NEVER works! I have been told that their "fax machine was broken" - told them not my problem & that I mailed my docs...at that point he lost his script & did not know what to say other than I need to speak with a supervisor. I said OK & put on hold for 20 min then my call dropped...when I called back I was told that there were no supervisors on the floor that day and they would forward my data with request for a call back. Never got call back after another week of waiting I called yesterday - disconnected 2 times - finally spoke with young lady who told me they have "piles of unopened mail", faxes & uploaded docs that have not been opened or reviewed and that they hired more people & working as fast as they can. Asked for an "guesstimate" on when December mail will be opened and reviewed. She had no clue and told me to wait until February and if my status on the website has not changed by then to call back. I realize they are backed up but this is a problem of their own creation and the run around is unacceptable. Anyone else having a similar issue???

raff

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen (gone)
I would contact the VW lawyer site and explain your situation (just as you did above)
info@vwclasscounsel.com

GAZNRN

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
Help!

Well...it's now February 3 and no further along in the process. I have made multiple calls and can't count the times I got disconnected. Today I got dropped after 10 min waiting for supervisor and got dropped 30 min after being told by supervisor that there really is nothing he can do but will try...then after holding got dropped.
So here I am: Nov 21 mailed docs
Nov 28 docs received by VOA
Dec 7 rejection letter due to bar code partially missing
Dec 8 fully executed docs with bar code mailed back
20 calls later still no action and very unhelpful CSR's that say there is nothing they can do and that they get calls like this every day.
Anyone clear this hurdle or have any suggestions???
Thanks

UNsweet

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagon
They can't reset it for upload?

The QR code was very small on my print outs - I tried taking pictures of it with my phone and failed. I had to go hook up the scanner.

Hope they pick up the pace for you.

raff

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen (gone)
Well...it's now February 3 and no further along in the process. I have made multiple calls and can't count the times I got disconnected. Today I got dropped after 10 min waiting for supervisor and got dropped 30 min after being told by supervisor that there really is nothing he can do but will try...then after holding got dropped.
So here I am: Nov 21 mailed docs
Nov 28 docs received by VOA
Dec 7 rejection letter due to bar code partially missing
Dec 8 fully executed docs with bar code mailed back
20 calls later still no action and very unhelpful CSR's that say there is nothing they can do and that they get calls like this every day.
Anyone clear this hurdle or have any suggestions???
Thanks
Did you try the suggestion in post #5 above ??
It was helpful when I had issues
info@vwclasscounsel.com
(415) 956-1000, x2348

Have your Claim # handy --
Good luck.

GAZNRN

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
Thanks Bob...I did reach out to info@vwclasscounsel.com and got no response to my request for assistance in moving the process forward. I'm still stuck between a rock and hard place with the VW website "click to chat" never working and the customer service line CSR's say that there is nothing they can do and no one I can talk to...had 2 supervisors tell me same thing that I am S.O.L.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
Keep trying. Took a month and 2 emails before I got a callback from Alex from VW Class Counsel. About all I can suggest.

-T.

GAZNRN

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
UPDATE*** I contacted Laura Haley from the law firm handling the lawsuit for VW owners and she found that VW had closed my claim with no reason noted. Sent orig docs and new set in Feb and she got the situation sorted out. Long story short I turned in the car last Friday. I had preprinted the forms as recommended and the whole process too 15min at the dealership. Now I am waiting on the email from JP Morgan for the funds transfer. - should get that by Wednesday.

GAZNRN

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
Closeout*** turned in car on April 28th (Friday) and got my money today. I really liked the car but happy this sad saga is over. Best wishes to all who are going thru the process. If you run into a problem contact Ms Haley - she is great.