Banning CA

Shayneco

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Hey all, in a pickle and somehow snapped two injector lines in my 98 Jetta tdi. Does anyone know where I can source parts out here?

925-963-7918 if anyone is clutch on ideas.

Filmshoot

TDI
1.9TDI AFN
3453A W Ramsey St, Banning, CA 92220

AutoZone. They are open, bring them a piece of your old one

Shayneco

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Yea I called them. They don’t carry these lines.

What are you suggesting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Not in CA, but check with the guys at idparts or Marquette Automotive. If they don't carry them, they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Shayneco

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Yea so get this. I found a German parts spot called quality German in Victorville. He had the lines. PaId 200$ for em. Got it fixed and went in my way. Made it to the boarder on the way to Phoenix. And another line broke. Same 1 cylinder 1. Only think I can think is that the pump itself is loose and vibrating excessively . Totally screwed

Filmshoot

TDI
1.9TDI AFN
Sorry for not understanding correctly. Yes Thomas at quality German is amazing!.
Oh man Mojave... At least it isn't summer.
The only Arizona tdi guy I knew in az got arrested for fraud.
In that remote area tow may be only option

Shayneco

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Actually broke again in quartsite or whatever it was. And I found a welding shop that’s open 24/7 on call. I literally cracked another injection line on #1. I couldn’t believe it. Granted the quality of the lines I got from Tom were **** and he took me for $200. But they worked. And weren’t broken before I got em. That’s supply and demand for ya.

But the culprit of this whole endeavor was that the IP was loose. Just 1 out of 3 bolts were tight. I was really surprised. I’ve gone through most of the car but never had to touch the bolt securing the IP so never saw how loose they were. Finally it caused issues.

Tightened them up and had the shop weld up all Three broken lines and everything’s worked as it’s supposed to since. 1000 miles later.

The shop that fixed my lines was “the weld shop” and he was awesome did all three immediately and charged only $100.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
^ Nice job! Been through that area multiple times. Glad you found a shop and looks like he charged a fair price!