Baltimore, DC, No.Va, Convoy

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
For those in the Baltimore, Washington, Northern Virgina area a convoy for TDIFest will be leaving from Westmisnter, Maryland at 7:00am.

Arrival at Toronto should be aroung 6:00PM giving time along the way for breaks.

Navigation will be taken care of with the NAV system in my Jetta. For those with Cell Phones we should be able to keep in touch with each other incase of a malfunction.

All those interested chime in.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Eric,
I don't know if I am going yet...... But if I am I will be leaving around 6 usually when a group of us travel we use FRS radio's on Channel 3 to communicate, works great!I have 3 of them.
I just don't like to convoy because I drive 10 over the limit.
Last year going to the fest we had 10-15 cars and it got out of control......

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
I would like to convoy up but meeting in Westminster adds lots of time to get there from Fredericksburg, VA and I am planning on leaving around 4:30 or so.

I think I can be at I83, exit 2 (Potosi Road) around 7 am. That would give us time to take b-room break and then get back on the road with whom ever is coming up from Westminster...

Thoughts???

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
What is the route?? I don't care which way we go. Tom, I won't go much more over the limit either. I also don't think we'll have more than 4 cars.

Lito

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
Tom.. I drive like a 80 year old man... just a littel younger than you

The route I have takes me up 97. I have to look at it from there. Considering that 97 is 2 miles from my house it makes the most sense.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Suggestion: If you want to do a scenic route, take US 219. It's slower, but should cut quite a bit of distance off the route shown above, so overall time might not be too different ... I've done 219 as a motorcycle trip before; it was worthwhile.

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
NewJettaGuy said:
I would like to convoy up but... snip....snip...snip....
Now my wife wants to leave on Thursday at noon from DC so we can spend the night with our friends in Rochester and so we will not be able to ride up with you...

We will be leaving Rochester between 10 and 12 to head over to Burlington...maybe we will meet up with someone heading West on the NYS Thruway...

jpltdi

Veteran Member
If I am leaving from DC, I will try to join the convoy, but I may be leaving from Philly. As far as the route, 11/15 through PA may be the best choice as it is a major road and you don't have to backtrack as you do if you go up 79.

Bear

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL 2 dr 2003 Mojave Beige, ESP, CWP, Monsoon, 2003.5 console
My brother is moving that weekend and I might need to help him. I'll see what I can do about going though. FYI for you guys that are going I'd bring flashlights, bottled water and munchies, etc. just in case there's another blackout.