Balance shaft in NOVA?

misteroboto

Veteran Member
TDI
11 JSW 13 Beetle TDI
Anybody had their oil pump chain replaced in the DC northern VA area? Would you recommend them?
I'm about ready to gear the car but I am not going to take it to the dealer.

TIA

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
TDIJetta99 in Port Jervis, NY has done quite a few. Check with TDIRacing (Oliver) - not sure if he is doing them or not. Finally, send a PM to MOGolf. He did mine last March at the WorldImpex warehouse in Cockeysville MD.

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
Call Impex and speak with Sales and ask them who's been doing a bunch at their warehouse. When I was ordering everything for mine last spring/summer, Joey in Sales told me that someone had done several there and he (Joey) was very familiar with the procedure and everything I would need. My recollection is "Ollie" is the person her was referring to, so probably Oliver that owr084 mentions. Impex is just outside Baltimore, I believe.

LongRifle

TDI
2005 Passat TDI
From Va Beach

Keep us in the loop.

I am in Virginia Beach VA and while I would love to go visit Oilhammer, that is a very, very long drive from here.

Something in Maryland would be great if they can pull it off.

misteroboto

Veteran Member
TDI
11 JSW 13 Beetle TDI
LongRifle said:
Keep us in the loop.

I am in Virginia Beach VA and while I would love to go visit Oilhammer, that is a very, very long drive from here.

Something in Maryland would be great if they can pull it off.
Just got the reply back from Oliver. He has done a few, but is not doing anymore for the foreseeable future.

Oilhammer's shop is a 13 hr drive from here.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
misteroboto said:
Just got the reply back from Oliver. He has done a few, but is not doing anymore for the foreseeable future.

Oilhammer's shop is a 13 hr drive from here.
You are closer to TDIJetta99 in Port Jervis New York. He has done quite a few and is just over 5 hours away.

misteroboto

Veteran Member
TDI
11 JSW 13 Beetle TDI
lekolite said:
Mogolf is closer than oilhammer
PM sent to MOGolf. Hopefully we can get it done when the weather warms up a bit.
D.C. just had 3 ft. of snow dumped on us. I know that isn't squat compared what some folks get, but 2" of snow brings this town to a standstill.
I'll bet you couldn't find a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk in a twenty mile radius of the city on wednesday.

outthere

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 B5 Northern Green wagon
Induktion Motorsports near BWI Airport has done several, including mine. They do all kinds of custom work, check out their site. After checking out their shop & people I had no issues on their expertise, and couldnt get my head around the effort to get to a shop in a place I would normally only fly to, or shipping it and adding 1000 bucks to the cost.

A tough decision bc my car would likely be in pieces if it werent for Oilhammer and mogolf's support of the forum.

www.4induktion.com

If you're in Springfield, you can drop the car, take a cab to BWI rail, & ride the Marc train back to Union Station to catch Metro. 30 minutes from BWI to Union station.

Last edited:

misteroboto

Veteran Member
TDI
11 JSW 13 Beetle TDI
outthere said:
Induktion Motorsports near BWI Airport has done several, including mine. They do all kinds of custom work, check out their site. After checking out their shop & people I had no issues on their expertise, and couldnt get my head around the effort to get to a shop in a place I would normally only fly to, or shipping it and adding 1000 bucks to the cost.

A tough decision bc my car would likely be in pieces if it werent for Oilhammer and mogolf's support of the forum.

www.4induktion.com

If you're in Springfield, you can drop the car, take a cab to BWI rail, & ride the Marc train back to Union Station to catch Metro. 30 minutes from BWI to Union station.
Thanks. I checked out their site. They do some nice looking work. If I can't get connected with MOGolf, I will look them up.