Backup camera retrofit possibility

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
Anyone know if it would be possible to retrofit the backup camera that's hidden behind the VW emblem like on 2015+ Golfs?

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Give the Golf sight a shout out.This is the Touareg area,
You need to read between the lines. He has a Touareg, but doesn't like the OEM reverse camera (most likely because it gets dirty and becomes useless unless you're driving in clear conditions all the time), and he wants to replace it instead with the "flip emblem\hidden" version as a retrofit.

The short answer is NO.
The first issue is that the emblems are different sizes if memory serves correct.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
I found a post on Instagram where a guy was towing a 1000+ hp Audi S2 coupe with his 7P Touareg in Europe with an OEM backup cam behind the VW emblem. I DM'd him and confirmed it's stock, unfortunately he declined to get me a circumference measurement.

So they do exist. Need to dig through some parts catalogues when I get some time.

Last edited:

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
One of us needs their eyes checked.... because that is NOT a 7P Touareg!
That's also too low and too long.... looks more like a Passat Alltrak or something!

How the EFF can you even say that's the same vehicle as you drive? Have you ever looked at your vehicle? :unsure:

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
One of us needs their eyes checked.... because that is NOT a 7P Touareg!
That's also too low and too long.... looks more like a Passat Alltrak or something!

How the EFF can you even say that's the same vehicle as you drive? Have you ever looked at your vehicle? :unsure:
Try to catch up, that's already been pointed out elsewhere in less time. I'm sure you can add value here next time, if you try. ;)