Back Home

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
Here's a new thread to make sure everyone gets home safe and sound.

I'm back home in record time (by 9am!). I got up early, hoping to surprise Kerma with a ride to the airport (which would also get me home to see my kids sooner) but he had already gone.

Check out these numbers. I'd take credit, but that would have to go to the F350 crewcab with PA plates and a Powerstroke who kept a blistering pace for me to follow.

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, someday a getta, 2001, baltic green
It took me an hour and five minutes to get home. It would have taken less time, but I was stopped twice for the "fill up the boot", MDA thing. That's a good cause, so it was worth the extra five-ten minutes.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
Haha, glad to hear you got back OK.
Now go wash those bugs off that award-winning Passat.
PS - check my photo album link I posted elsewhere, there are quite a few shots of you in there, (almost) all flattering.

penclnck

Made it back to Knoxville... 1947 miles round trip on the MFA since Thrusday evening. My legs are hurt'n from this trip. I got just over 45MPG for the whole trip... that includes the 2.5 hour parking lot on I95.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Well I just got home 475 miles with 5/8 a tank. The best fuel mileage I have ever got. I am so freakin tired right now. That was a great fest New England crew. Thanks for everything.
Dan

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
You gotta get up pretty early to meet KERMA! (At least today) Public transportation works great. but I definitely appreciate the offer Dan, didn't want to impose so I snuck out.

5 hour flight at 7am, got home 10 am, nice nap, life is good. Short day there, but today is longer for some strange reason...

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
Got home at 6:35PM. 591 miles. 10hrs, 40mins drive time (total trip time 11hrs, 30mins. Avg 48.4 mpg with newly acquired RC Stage 2 chipping...

Many thanks to the NE Crew for the great time...

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
Got Home at 6:30 PM After picking up Ludwig (our dachshund) A great time was had by all.... Now.. what to build for next year??????

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Depart Boston 0700, walked in the door at 2215. 904 miles. Two fuel stops, 1 leisurely lunch, and several micturation breaks.

Would have been faster if there hadn't been a fatal accident on the Tappen Zee bridge, having us sitting for about 45 minutes while they put the fire out. Little car vs. big rig. Guess who lost?

Great time, guys! Looking forward to another year.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Got Home at 6:30 PM After picking up Ludwig (our daschund)
Darn! If I had known you were a Dachshund person, I would have brought you a special, bonus prize for the conversion.
I breed Dachshunds!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
Well - Thanks to jettafock's setting of the Alarm clock - as TDImeister said- 4 pm we were in Oakville (almost was tempted to go to the RibFest down in Burlington)

Made good time heading towards the bridge, but not as good as coming out, and sat for almost 2 hours getting across the bridge/border only to find a wall of rain - massive rain storm kinda suprised me at 80 mph... no problems though - made it home just before 10pm...

check out at 7:45... home by 9:45... LONG day - but made possible by sharing the first part of it with TDImeister - thanks for putting up with me!

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Yup, thank God we only meet once in a while. That's about all I can stand of you.

DeeBee

Veteran Member
TDI
Ex 99.5 Golf (Blue), Ex 96 Passats (Blue & Grey), Ex 97 Passat(Green)
Got Home at 6:30 PM After picking up Ludwig (our dachshund) A great time was had by all.... Now.. what to build for next year??????
How about an Audi Allroad V6 2.5 TDI

Good to see you again.... Thanks for letting me drive

I'm still drooling......

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Got in yesterday evening.... 3100 miles in 12 hours door to door..... (ya, I know flying doesn't count)

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
6 hrs to get home to Philly. I left sunday night after the slow auto-x was over.With all the stuff I had in my wagon, I love the preformance of it. though, I won't be camping next time, I packed way too much stuff. I think that happens when you drive a tdi wagon, heehee.

I had a great time, wished I could have been involved more. Couldn't have asked for better weather

Phoenix42

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Mazda3 Hatch
I'm nearly as bad as Scott & Chris, maybe even worse.
Scott was good enough to pick me up from work and drive me to the Fest, and PeterV dropped me to my door on Monday morning.

Though it would have been much better to have my own car to drive there and back, it is sitting in the driveway awaiting a new bolt for it's dog bone mount. Ah well, it just means that I will have to drive it to the next Fest.

whiterabbit7

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS 201k miles
WHEW! Just made it home and it feels good to be out of a moving car. 3155 miles. average mileage of 47. Over 60 hours of driving time. What a trip. I just wish I had more time to see Boston. NYC was cool too. Well worth the stop down there. We also managed to do some swimming in the Atlantic off Long Island.
Can't wait till next year to put some more miles on the car. Thanks to everyone for the good time. Hope to see you again. Next trip? old Navy's Oct 16th gtg.

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Jetta GL, 2002, Galactic Blue - R.I.P.
Well, I learned it was a good thing I took that van and headed up Friday - not waiting for the injector hold-down bracket that was due to arrive at the dealer Saturday morning. I stopped by the dealer to pick it up yesterday and learned that they never ordered it!
Now it won't be in until Friday this week. Thanks Metalnerd for the loan of the bracket - I'll get the new one off to you as soon as I get it.

BTW, just as a heads up so you can keep an eye on your phone bill - my daughters gave Gina our telephone number!

MCA

Viesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI
I havent made it home yet although I did make it to DC area where I am visiting friends. I will be going to NC on Friday for a biodiesel class and then on to Tampa after that. The trip up was 1380 miles from Tampa to Boston so I am taking my time driving back with stops in between. I had a great time and thanks to all.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Well, I made it home, but a lot earlier than I expected. I was planning to do a lot more travelling around in the area, etc, but the rain chased me home. Long day? Got up Wed at 7:00 am (yeah, I am a morning person), drove into Providence. Got a heck of a great tour of Providence by TDIinRI (thanks again). Left Providence at ~4:00 pm. Arrived home in Richmond Hill (north or Toronto) at 1:00 am. Tired? Yeah...but I rather pull a hard drive like that then waste an overnight stay and still have to drive home in pouring rain.

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
John,

Glad you had a good time in Providence and got home OK! That sure is a long ride going straight through.........You made really good time!! I guess there wasn't much traffic

wren

TDI
Jetta - 01 silver GLS
Had a great tour of Boston on Monday with Fred, Toronto Vento and Tim from Cincinnati and then did a little birding and hiking at the Cape on Tuesday. Left at 7:15 Wednesday morning. Arrived in Cambridge (Ont) at 7:30 PM. I495 was a mess (Lots of rain, construction and a few accidents). Off and on rain all the way home.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
John,

Glad you had a good time in Providence and got home OK! That sure is a long ride going straight through.........You made really good time!! I guess there wasn't much traffic
HA HA HA...Well, I guess night driving in torrential downpours kinda got some people off the road. Once I was past Albany, there really wasn't much traffic to speak of. I am glad that I went straight home, as it rained here for most of the day yesterday as well. Now I can do some part shopping for my Saturday project.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Is there an official estimate of how many of those miles were used discovering new ways to the Womponauk campgrounds?

SIGH... Has it been a week already

HaHa very true... I think I was the only one who didn't have problems. I am a good naviguesser