B5 Window regulator bit the dust. help = $$ for U!

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
My GF's B5 passat (99 GLS) has a front passenger window regulator which just crapped out. I'd really like to fix it myself instead of going to the local mechanic or *gasp* a dealer, but I got as far as taking off the door panel, loosening the bolts on the backing plate for the regulator, and then a lot of head-scratching ensued.

Anyways, I doubt I can do it without a spare pair of hands, regardless, so is there anyone in the NYC/NNJ area who'd like to help me with the replacement? I think i've got all the tools I'd need, and I'm happy to throw some cash/beer/food/all of the above in to sweeten the deal. We also have the Haynes manual for her car, which describes the whole process. (granted, not in the best detail, but so it goes...)

If doable, just reply here or drop me an email - markblitzer@yahoo. Ideally looking for someone who has done a regulator swap beforehand.

cheers.

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI AUTOMATIC trans. GLS w/PLX package silver/black cloth
Sent you a PM but not sure if it may have gotten lost in the changeover to the new forums. All fixed?

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
No, not all fixed. I've just been far too busy this week (getting ready for a trip to Africa :eek:) So i haven't been online all that much.

Replied to your PM. Cheers.