B5 Station Wagon Lock

DickSilver

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 B5.5V, 1996 B4V
I have a 2004 B5 TDI wagon. The locking system requires a separate action, either pressing the center button of the remote or the button on the driver's door, to unlock the rear hatch, which then can be opened by a person at the rear.

Is there a recoding operation using Vag-Com that will change the logic of the rear hatch, so that it is simply umlocked whenever the central locking system unlocks the car?

Basenji

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Audi A3 TDI
Sorry, no. Do a search there are a couple of threads on this issue. There is a rewiring job that can be done, but it doesn't do exactly what we all want- the hatch to be unlocked when the doors are.

DickSilver

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 B5.5V, 1996 B4V
Sucks... Guess I'll go on to stuff that is more productive, and just cuss VW every time I have to grab the remote while I am trying to open the hatch with stuff in my arms!!

05PassatTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat GLS Wagon Stonehenge Gray
Sucks... Guess I'll go on to stuff that is more productive, and just cuss VW every time I have to grab the remote while I am trying to open the hatch with stuff in my arms!!
Yup. That's what I've been doing
However, once I get used to the "routine", it's not as bad as it was in the begining...