B5 a4 8v pd drag car build

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 RS4 Titanium 3.0TDI & 2013 Touareg TDI & B6 S4 BHW Swap Biturbo
Just figured i would make a thread of our drag car build we have been working on it for several months currently its running firad 160s stage 4 clutch compound turbos very large fmic and the car is completely gutted this will be the beginning of a long thread as we progress

Last edited:

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
Nice time slip and nice build. First thing I noticed is it looks like the engine has been moved much further back. Tricky work! Did you relocate the steering rack?

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
intake manifold looks like alh (pd something or another, 120 or lower)

If you cut one apart you can see how tractor-like these are, plenty of places where flow could be improved. right at the ports they squeeze down, the center two cylinders get the air more directly, and a rather sharp bend into the ports
The flow is no doubt more than adequate, but charge distribution could be much better. Outer cylinders run very rich and hot.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
That's a great time slip Kyle,Congrats!! Was there any wheel spin in the 60ft ? What tires were you using ?

mk3pd

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Passat Quattro :)
Nice time slip and nice build. First thing I noticed is it looks like the engine has been moved much further back. Tricky work! Did you relocate the steering rack?
Must be RWD,unless the front driveshafts has some modified transfer solution?

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
Must be RWD,unless the front driveshafts has some modified transfer solution?
Yes, I am thinking rear wheel drive too. Hopefully he can enlighten us a bit. The metal between strut towers has definitely been cut back a fair way. I have thought about this as an option too, in the past, but the steering rack really limits options unless one has a creative solution with lots of custom fabrication involved.

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
The engine is in the stock location we just cut the second firewall out for more room for working on it
The turbos are td05 16g and gt3782 with a 35mm wastegate tranny is a 2.8 v6 gasser 5 speed tires are crappie 195 65 15 off one of my parts cars its still awd launchs extremely hard with a little bit of whell spin the rear end squats alot intake manifold is a alh with the flange cut off and a hose clamped on so far the car has 4000 dollars into it

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
We were gonna keep turning the boost up with the manual boost controller and try a run better times but a honda blew up and soaked the track and it was the last night of the season

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
kinda figured its very fast spooling given the size of turbos it holds 45 psi between shifts once the big turbo is light up it holds boost even off the throttle and our rev limter is only at 5200 we were shifting no more than 4500 it seems to pull hard shifting sooner belive it or not

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
That's a really nicely matched turbo setup you have there. I'm guessing that you are not using the internal wastegate on the td05 ? Was nitrous used ?

Looks like I had better get my act together for next year to keep up.

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
yup never thought i would catch up lol and nope i cut the internal gate off maby next year we can meet up at the drags and we will have a coulple of fast tdis show them v8 guys whats up :)

sali87

TDI
AXL 2.5, AKE 2.5 Ex: 1.9 AFN, 2.5 ACV
Great building and very good Time.

How much does it weight?
Do have more pictures?

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk