B5.5 Power Upgrade!!

Mrwood

TDI
pd100 passat
Hey guys, i have a B5.5 estate Passat PD100, My turbo as sticking veins so ive been told and want to upgrade something a tad bigger im wanting power around 170 - 190 is there any cheap turbos or cheapish that will get me around there will i also need bigger injectors? or anything with it to get to that power? cheers.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Hey guys, i have a B5.5 estate Passat PD100, My turbo as sticking veins so ive been told and want to upgrade something a tad bigger im wanting power around 170 - 190 is there any cheap turbos or cheapish that will get me around there will i also need bigger injectors? or anything with it to get to that power? cheers.
TDI and cheap turbo shouldn't be in the same sentence. Too high risk.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
A turbo sufficient to get to your power goal had best be a wee bit more expensive. Even the chra from a too-small one is riding at the top of your budget. Please let me suggest following the recommendations and mot buying junk that will put the car at risk.

Our B5.5 Passat were 2L and 135 hp. PD100 is 1.9L, BEW-code engine with a smaller-still turbo.
cheers,
Douglas

Mrwood

TDI
pd100 passat
get a bv43, plug and play...
Just been told about these BV43 whats the average price for them? also i posted on a facebook page if anyone is selling one but someone said there is different bv43 models and i need to find the right one? any help would be great mate abit lost lol. not very mechanical minded.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well should i say a turbo around £150 - £200 mark nothing crazy just abit more power wanted
Yeah, that's cheap Chinese garbage. You need a genuine Garrett or Borg Warner, etc. I spent about 1200 on mine...

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
If your pd is the equivalent of a BEW, start with tuning. These engines respond quite well.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Just been told about these BV43 whats the average price for them? also i posted on a facebook page if anyone is selling one but someone said there is different bv43 models and i need to find the right one? any help would be great mate abit lost lol. not very mechanical minded.
You need bv43 off the 170 Bhp Audi A4/a6 with the BRD engine, it has a vacuum controlled actuator with a position sensor which you don’t use ! Slight work to stretch the outlet hose to go onto the turbo spout but that’s easy to do…

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Best to find a bv43a turbo and to change the chra from it into the bv43 off the pd housings…better trim, better spool and you get a billet compressor wheel with extended tip technology and 1 extra blade compared to the pd turbo !

Mrwood

TDI
pd100 passat
Best to find a bv43a turbo and to change the chra from it into the bv43 off the pd housings…better trim, better spool and you get a billet compressor wheel with extended tip technology and 1 extra blade compared to the pd turbo !
Cheers for the info mate, form the looks ive seen your name about on other post knowing your stuff, having looked at those turbos being well out my range, whats turbo could i upgrade to for that bit of extra power some are throwing a pd130 turbo on ? only wanting abit more power nothing stupid just a little upgrade.

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
If you want just a small upgrade over a stage1 om stock hardware, then GT1749VA from AWX/AVF(+ hose from turbo to intercooler hose. It has another sistem to fit the turbo), is your first choice. I suggest you to but also intake manifold+egr + the black pipe +map sensor+ airbox+maf+turbo intake hose if you want the full performance. The intake parts on pd100 are from older engines. If you want to stay on budget, take only the 3bar map sensor, but 051A, because your pipe has big hole, not small like AWX.
Bv43 is the next one, but together with a secondary intercooler on the right side or fmic and most probably your clutch won't hold the extra torque and the entire upgrade is pointless.

Before starting changing parts on the car, make some logs on channels 3, 10, 11 om gear 3 and 4 from 1500 to 4200. Then keep an eye on n75 values on the log from channel 11. If are bad, buy a new one.

Mrwood

TDI
pd100 passat
If you want just a small upgrade over a stage1 om stock hardware, then GT1749VA from AWX/AVF(+ hose from turbo to intercooler hose. It has another sistem to fit the turbo), is your first choice. I suggest you to but also intake manifold+egr + the black pipe +map sensor+ airbox+maf+turbo intake hose if you want the full performance. The intake parts on pd100 are from older engines. If you want to stay on budget, take only the 3bar map sensor, but 051A, because your pipe has big hole, not small like AWX.
Bv43 is the next one, but together with a secondary intercooler on the right side or fmic and most probably your clutch won't hold the extra torque and the entire upgrade is pointless.

Before starting changing parts on the car, make some logs on channels 3, 10, 11 om gear 3 and 4 from 1500 to 4200. Then keep an eye on n75 values on the log from channel 11. If are bad, buy a new one.
i have VCDS how do i get to doing the log only used it once to scan codes.?

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
There should be plenty of info how to make a log, maybe even on YouTube.
You enter on Engine, then measuring blocks, select the desired channel(s), then on the bottom side you have a LOG button. You click on it, edit the name of the file and click start. Then get to the desired gear and rpm, floor the acceleration pedal to desired rpm. Ask someone (copilot) to click on stop then Done and that's it, or pull over and stop the log.

Mrwood

TDI
pd100 passat
You enter on Engine, then measuring blocks, select the desired channel(s), then on the bottom side you have a LOG button. You click on it, edit the name of the file and click start. Then get to the desired gear and rpm, floor the acceleration pedal to desired rpm. Ask someone (copilot) to click on stop then Done and that's it, or pull over and stop the log.
done one now mate will have to try upload it tmoz.

Mrwood

TDI
pd100 passat
Been abit busy last week but tried to log the car and the data when i opened the file was just 1 line of data which shows on every log i do? im using 12.12 any ideas why?

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
You need to do a decent pull from 2000rpms to 4000 rpms in 4th/5th gear and let it coast after (lift off)…it seems your turbo is over boosting and Ecu cannot stop it hence n75 duty cycle goes to 100%…not good at all as the computer has 0 control left to tame the turbo ! This is a bad, bad file for your turbo spec !