B5.5 Loses power

Paszuj

TDI
VW 1.9PD TDI
Hi.

I would like to ask if this has occurred to anyone that after a while the turbo leaves.

So its like I go 140km/h I continue to reach 160 - 170 and it leaves the force it means the car behaves as if it does not have a turbo on it but if I stop the car then I restart, it works like it shoud.

What can cause this? The car is DTC free.
The car hasn't done this before.

Thanks for answers.
(if someone asked this what i didnt found please give me a link and delete the post.)

Last edited:

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
So, you mention it's dtc free? Did you use vag-com to read that, or something else? Your friend will be vag-com.
A couple of things I would verify:
Verify vacuum from the vacuum pump, there should be 28in/hg, if I remember correctly.
Then check the camshaft, since wear on the cam lobes can cause it to go into limp mode like that.
Another thing is to check maf specified vs actual, they should be close.

Another question for you, have you done any modifications on the car?

Paszuj

TDI
VW 1.9PD TDI
My friend used some Bluetooth reader.
It was 130hp and got a chip to ~170-180hp and ~380NM.
The guy who made this program said, because few cars got this and they dynod the car.

Scubanero

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
Sounds like limp mode, which can happen with no CEL. Multiple possible causes: air leak between turbo and intake manifold, problem with the boost regulator mechanism.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
My friend used some Bluetooth reader.
It was 130hp and got a chip to ~170-180hp and ~380NM.
The guy who made this program said, because few cars got this and they dynod the car.
Ok, so monitor the boost when you're throttling, both commanded and actual, also watch the maf commanded and actual. Let me know what those are.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
You should do a log on VCDS and see exactly what's going on. Also look for oily areas around your boost circuit. A cracked innercooler is possible as well as leaks in the hoses at connection points or even in the hoses. Age is now a big enemy on these cars boost circuit. another crucial check is the travel in the VNT which does not require VCDS only a mighty vac. Many threads available on this forum for checking it. integrate Italian tunes into your driving at least once a week.

Paszuj

TDI
VW 1.9PD TDI
Sorry for late answer but i just got a Bluetooth reader from a friend. So i tested now and this is the results.
Ill check the circuits and the intercooler.

Boost/Speed
MAF/Speed
All

Last edited: