Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Last edited:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I miss mine. How well did the door glass squeegee moldings survive? So many of them out there are in bad shape without having to take them off and reinstall.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
John; It looks great. Yours makes me want to go out to clean & polish mine. Your clear headlights want me to get moving & install the Ecodes I obtained over the winter. I hope to retag her tomorrow with historic tags.

Last edited:

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Looks great. Is the interior put back together?

I miss mine. How well did the door glass squeegee moldings survive? So many of them out there are in bad shape without having to take them off and reinstall.

I don't think you can get these off without destroying them. I had to have mine taped off. I would have loved to have them removed, but you can't tell.

-Todd

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Door glass squeegee came of fine. Also had an extra set that was in excellent shape from a wagon I found last year. Had an extra tail gate and took the used the glass from it to replace mine. It had a driver's license number etched in it. Now mine is clean. Rear quarter windows were removed for painting.

Bob, you will love the Ecodes. When will you do the 6 speed?

Todd, the interior is cleaner, but really needs to be cleaned and detailed. Drivers seat needs a bit of restitching also. Plus some other interior stuff.

Still, it was nice to get the car back after 3 months and then took a trip to Anza Borrego Desert State Park for the day.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Hopefully later this Spring or early summer for the work. Recently time has not ben easy for me. In Nov my daughter purchased a house nearby that needed a bit of work. That project scope increased such that we lifter the house off the foundation to put several more courses of block underneath increasing the basement height to 8' 6" almost doubling the square footage of the small house. 2 days after the house when up, my father passed. I am the (semi) responsible one in the family & attending those affairs. So for the past 5 months, everything has taken back seat. I am looking forward to the 6 speed.

powerstrokeless

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
Just found this.

It be looking real nice! JohnBoy!

Interior pictures?

Wish I had white instead of mean green...

Jzallan

TDI
2001 jetta TDI, 2002 jetta TDI, 1996 Passat TDI, 2004 Passat TDI
Looks very good! Nice and straight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Just found this.

It be looking real nice! JohnBoy!

Interior pictures?

Wish I had white instead of mean green...

Have not even put a full tank of fuel in it since I got it home. No interior pictures yet. Still needs to be cleaned. It is spending most of the time in the garage. Too much other stuff going on! Just finishing the last of the kitchen remodel this week (I hope). Taxes need to be finished by midnight!

Did get the cover for the rear bumper, but it still needs to go to the paint shop for matching paint - Maybe this weekend?

tripl-e

Veteran Member
TDI
b4 sporting a new ET 6th gear!
Wow, that looks like the million dollar Passat! When I first started looking for a b4 I found a variant near me. It was white, one owner and unmolested but the owner/seller wanted like $11 grand. It seemed like a crazy price at the time, now, not so much. Handsome car that wears its new paint really well.

PD41

TDI
1996 Passat B4 TDI Wagon 1996 A3 Passat TDI Sedan
On my other 96 sedan I left the rear emblems off when I had it painted. I like it without the emblems. Probably less chance of it getting stolen if some thief is looking for a diesel for parts or ? Took off the grill TDI badge too.

Last edited:

1998TDIMonster

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI 185k
Wow. I am envious. I have a 98 jetta that has been a texas car. The plus is it has no rust, the downside is 18 years in the texas sun has taken its toll on my paint. Hopefully getting to paint it next month. I dont know if I want to stick with factory black or add in a red or blue pearl flake. Decisions decisions! Congrats on the new paint. It looks great!
Adam

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Looks great. I just scheduled paintwork on my '99.5 Golf. Am having the whole car painted. It's red, probably faded, and partial paint would have looked, well, partial.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Peter, can you disclose where you decided to go and cost?
I'm using a local shop that's literally two buildings away from my guru's. I've used them a bunch of times before and like them: they do a lot of work for the local Porsche/Audi dealer and seem to know VW paints.

Not sure on cost yet. I have an estimate, but it's just that. The car needs a bit of rust repair and they won't know until they're into it. Let's just say it's expensive enough that I won't be getting my money out of the car anytime soon. But that's OK with me.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I'm using a local shop that's literally two buildings away from my guru's. I've used them a bunch of times before and like them: they do a lot of work for the local Porsche/Audi dealer and seem to know VW paints.

Not sure on cost yet. I have an estimate, but it's just that. The car needs a bit of rust repair and they won't know until they're into it. Let's just say it's expensive enough that I won't be getting my money out of the car anytime soon. But that's OK with me.
You're lucky, most shops here refuse to even look at rust repair, and even if there isn't anything apparent they will warn you that if they run into any rust the job is over.

Steve

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
These are the guys who did the warranty rust work on my wagon. They did a very thorough job. They also did some minor work on my B4V, and I'm going to give them my B4 sedan once the Golf is done.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V

Paint job quotes seem to be all over the map. Most shops here in San Diego seem to just want to do insurance work. Had several shops tell me that directly, other shops just quoted $6-7K and very long lead times. The shop I used had painted a couple of TDI club B4s and their work looked very nice. My total cost was just under $3K. And No, I will never get the money back. But the car should look good for a number of years to come.