B4 Passat power Lossproblem

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
Ok another ?... I have '96 passat wagon with the BK ECU. I have replaced the N75 valve, checked & replaced the vacuum lines to waste gate and N75 valve and ecu. Removed EGR, Replaced intake and de-gunked the Cylinder head. CCV Vented, New T-belt, new fuel filter, Timing set correctly, no muffler, no extra fuel injectors in exhaust, and kerma power plus 216s, There is no trouble code for MAF.
The problem is the car has LOW power. It is so slow I believe a NA early rabbit is faster. The car only peaks at 8-10 psi boost..most of the time only 6 psi,if you load it -it will fall on its face, its like it cuts the fuel off. it is non responsive to throttle pedal input..if you let off for a second or so it will regain power and pull till does it again in a few seconds. The EGTs top out 1200 or so pre turbo. I tried swapping in the stock injectors agian to try that, and it was SOOOO SLOW.... REALLY REALLY BAD...so back in with 216 pp's...I even tried to get a upsolute chip for it, but they couldn't get the ECU to accept the right program for the 216 injectors..they thought the BK ecu was the problem or the MAF...any one have any IDEAS...????? I need to get it to run like my 2001 does..this car only has 60,000 miles so it should be quicker... Any IDEAS?
Thanks
Deo
\x/ Hillfolk

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
How old is your maf if its tyhe original it could be the maf, do you know someone with vag-com and how bad if at all does it smoke you have not mentioned.

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
I have a Vag-com, I mentioned it threw no codes. It DOES not smoke at all..may be a tiny bit. Nothing like my golf.
Thanks Deo

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Check the fuel cutoff solenoid and related electrical connections. This sounds like a problem that some A3 owners have reported having. Haven't heard of it on a B4 yet, but it's essentially the same engine.

It sounds like limp mode, but it's not (no codes). I'll be it's a fuel delivery issue. HTH

GetMore

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI, 2010 Jetta Sportwagen
The quick way to check the MAF is to unplug it and see if the car runs better. If so, the MAF is bad.

I work up in Pawling, so if you'd like I can take a look at it and see if I come up with any suggestions . . .

GetMore

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI, 2010 Jetta Sportwagen
BYW, have you checked the snowscreen?

Hey! I just checked your profile, and it says you are DEC! How could you have removed the EGR?