B4 Passat Alarm LED mod (passenger side)

grimlock

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, Black
Hey guys,

I did this mod a LONG time ago, just never posted it...

Anyway, it made me sick that there was only a alarm LED on only the driver's side. So I got another factory LED and holder and wired one on the passenger side. NOT a fun job to do (only cause I did it the dumb way, and wired from the driver's door to the passenger door -- hindsight I could have wired from the alarm module, which at the time I didn't know where it was...)

In case your wondering, I just wired it in parallel with the original alarm LED. Yes it draws more current, but I've been running it over a year like this, and no problems.... The built in resistors (I didn't meaure them) seem to limit the current enough, and alarm doesn't appear to have any problems driving two LED's in parallel)

Have a look:

grimlock

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, Black
Very nice! I have been thinking about something to this sort for quite a while as well. Thanks for sharing!
PS: The LED mod looks factory!

ps: How long did it take you?
how long, too long! b*tch of a time passing the wire through the door to the car -- inside the dust/waterproof boot.

i think about an hour or so total. (only cause I was intimitately familar with my door panels)

Richard