B4 NLA parts

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
As I am going though the process of replacing the front body of my car, I am finding a few parts the appear to be no longer available from the factory. I have yet to find them in the aftermarket. I thought I would post gh is in the hopes that someone has a source that I haven't found.

So far, I have 2 parts:
1) Lower Radiator Hose PN 3A0121051L
2) Lower Radiator Hose Adapter PN 3A0121619

If anyone has any suggestions, Please feel free to post and let everyone know!

Tony

Tony
Sent from my e-diesel fleet

Last edited:

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So, I need to call Monday, but it appears the lower radiator hose is available, 3A0121051G. I was given the WRONG part number, initially.

Tony

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So the L version of the hose appears to have been obsoleted. The G version appears to be in current production. I'll call my dealer contacts tomorrow to make sure.

Has anyone had issues reusing the lower radiator adapter with a new o-ring?

Tony

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Has anyone had issues reusing the lower radiator adapter with a new o-ring?

Unless the hose is worn, why wouldn't you reuse it? I've replaced only the o-rings... better than spending over $100 for a hose that you may not need.

-Todd

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Agreed. Just want to be sure I can still get parts.

Tony

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
If you can't still get parts, you can always splice a connector to repair the hose. I just went through trying to source one and am not paying $120. Unless the hose you have is totally disintegrated, this may be a good option to trying to find one.

gfnetadmin

Veteran Member
TDI
97 Passat
B4 Lower Radiator Hose

Is it an accepted fact that the B4 Lower Radiator Hose is completely NLA, both OEM and from hose manufacturers like Gates, Dayco?

I've been told by two VW dealers that this is the case for OEM. Seems as though Gates might have had something, but the Interchange page on their web site now shows Not Available when I use any of the VW part #'s, the ones that end in H, J, L, and G. Nothing at the local AP stores like NAPA.

I know that there is a custom Silocone upper/lower set available through Bora Parts, just wanted to verify that this is now the only option for a one piece OEM style fit.

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
I've had amazing luck with my local Napa store for B4 parts.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
ECS tuning still lists the 'G' part number but it's listed incorrectly as upper radiator hose. The price isn't as gut wrenching as VW's (before becoming NLA) but it's not easy to stomach at $78.05.

Edit: Apparently Gates still makes this product but they don't offer it for sale in the US...how nice.

Edit2: The Gates version part # 3751 is listed on Rock Auto but it's out of stock.

Steve

Last edited:

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
Is it an accepted fact that the B4 Lower Radiator Hose is completely NLA, both OEM and from hose manufacturers like Gates, Dayco?
I've got a couple OEM lowers hanging around, used of course. If you're in a jam, PM me you can have one. Both have chafing from the engine mount, one worse than the other but both still good. I'll take a look tomorrow if you'd like:)

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I've been down this road before with the part numbers. I've read some old posts here on tdiclub and my conclusion is that the correct part number for the hose that does not chafe is 3A0121049H but that is NLA and there don't appear to be any identical replacements for it in aftermarket.

I'm not really sure what came before or after but I stumbled upon 3A0121051C, which Ellis says is the same as 051G and that is still available, at least according to Ellis VW, $77.23

The 051G is the most common hose but it lacks the complicated turn around the AC compressor piping. There are also aftermarket suppliers for the 051G hose like Gates, Malò, Sasic and Lemförder but again availability in the US is iffy at best.

The 051L hose I can't find a picture of but the same Malò hose for the 051G is listed as direct replacement.

I think it's safe to say that the choices out there are limited unless you go the silicone route.

Anyone who's been down this road, how bad is the interference with the AC compressor piping? I'll probably have to do something about this in the future. The upper hose is still available generally so that's no problem, the bottom one worries me a little.

Steve