B100 in Mid-Ohio?

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
Checked nearbio but seen no locations. Anybody know of any b100 pumps in central Ohio? Thanks

TDI
Sadly there is not much. There is a place up in Delaware that has B20, and a place down in Circleville that has some B10 as well. Closest B100 station is in Kettering, just south of Dayton. Check out the link below for more stations. Now, one day while I was searching I found a station on the south west side that claims to sell B20. You can find it on the second link below. Thing is, that station is not on any of the other maps, so I don't know if they actually do or not. Let me know if you find any, because I have been looking too, but don't want to drive to circleville to get fuel.

http://www.biodiesel.org/buyingbiod...x=0&9707-selectedIndex=1&3702-selectedIndex=0

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/locator/stations/

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
Me being in Urbana I'm centrally located between Dayton and Columbus. I'll check the Kettering location out, I'm constantly up and down 675.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
TDI
If you guys care, I have been looking for any blend of BD for some time now in Columbus. The only options to me were a 30min drive south, or a 30min drive north. After seeing a BP station on my second link above located about 5 minutes from downtown Columbus I drove by to check it out. Its a odd station. You get off I-70 and there is a BP station right there. But the BD pumps are about half a mile down the road, buried in an industrial park. No attendants, no nothing, just the pumps. They have B5, 10, and 20. B20 is going there for $4/gallon even, which I must say is good considering that petroldiesel is going for 3.90.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
B20 at the pump across my house is $4.04 compared to $3.89 to #2. Freakwithracket have you tried nearbio.com or biotrucker.com? All of them have stations that the other dosent list. Higher blends than b20 are hard to find in central Ohio and b100 is nearly non existent it seems. One thing I don't understand is why isn't it available? There is a biodiesel plant, www.pkbiodiesel.com, about 10 miles from my house and they make 100% but it is nowhere around. I'm thinking about contacting them to get a little info, maybe a lil' merch :)

TDI
I have check both of those sites. They each list the station that is 30min north/south of my. I am not willing to make a hour trip for fuel..that would be like blowing an entire gallon each time I fill up. Neither of those sites lists the BP station I just found directly in Columbus. Honestly you would have to see the pump I am talking about...I bet nobody knows its there...easily the weirdest place I have ever seen a fuel pump. In any event, its there and I will be using it today for my first ever fill up of BD!

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm going to check it out, heading that way tomorrow. I have to see it! Also, what blend you putting in?

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
Jatro diesel is in the south west area. They have a really interesting new process. They have B100.

Lug_Nut

TDI
B2 and B5 biodiesel? That's like a triple Whopper is 'vegetarian' because there's tomato in it.;)
I'm smug because I can use B100. I'm well out of warranty and don't have the DPF and post injection of the newest CR diesels.

At least 'nearbio' dot com allows the setting of minimum percentages as a search feature. I keep my searches to at B90 minimum. I'll be stopping in at Jatrodiesel on my way to Lexington.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm hoping to be heading down myself. But if I don't, LugNut, keep in touch with me on your way down and I can meet up with you on the trip down. Hopefully I'm making the trip also.

TDI
That location on enterprise drive is the one I was talking about. I put B20 in it today. I was wrong when I said it was a half mile up the road, more like a quarter. If I recall, the problem with those pacific pride locations is that they are commercial filling stations which only accept their "pacific pride card". I may be wrong about that however.

TDI
Found this off the Pacific Pride Website:

Thank you for your interest in becoming a Pacific Pride cardholder. The Pacific Pride Card can be used at all Pacific Pride, PrideNet, and AmeriNet sites across the United States (1,200+ sites) and Canada (200+ sites), with more sites being added regularly.

Please note:
Commercial cardlock fueling sites are intended for commercial use.
Customers are required to use a total of 2,400 gallons of fuel per year (can be any combination of fuel types from any combination of fueling sources).
Each site is independently owned and operated. Individual marketers issue cards and are responsible for all billing, pricing and customer accounts for their cardholders.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
That location on enterprise drive is the one I was talking about. I put B20 in it today. I was wrong when I said it was a half mile up the road, more like a quarter. If I recall, the problem with those pacific pride locations is that they are commercial filling stations which only accept their "pacific pride card". I may be wrong about that however.
Your going to notice, well I did anyway, the smell is going to be nearly non existent now opposed to #2 and smoke at cold start be gone too. I think us mid-Ohio guys need to have a g2g, as I have yet to get to one.

Lug_Nut

TDI
I'm hoping to be heading down myself. But if I don't, LugNut, keep in touch with me on your way down and I can meet up with you on the trip down. Hopefully I'm making the trip also.
My current plan is to stay over Thursday night, Sept. 1, in the Columbus area to arrive in Lexington (KY, not MA, not OH) on Friday.
All subject to change, of course....

Near

TDI
2002 GLS
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=284428&highlight=newark+ohio

Here are few bio stops in columbus, newark, and zanesville also now has b5-b20, I have stopped a few times at the refugee station,the newark one and usually the zanesville one. Ive never had more than 1 other vehicle at the center when I was, they are all no attendant card only pumps, but they are not pac pride, they are bp branded and you can use about any credit card/debit card.

Hope that helps.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
BP
Biodiesel (B20 and above)
3550 Enterprise Ave
Columbus OH 43228
Biodiesel Blends: B20, B10, B5
Phone: 614-275-3926
Distance: 5.87 Miles
I did stop and check this place out yesterday. You were right it is a WEIRD place. But a clean place and selling bio at that! :D

drrck

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS MKIV
They sell B20 in Wooster if you're ever up here.

Santmyer Oil, 3000 Old Airport Road, Wooster, Ohio 44691

They also refine b100 up here but it's wholesale only.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
I was just around there not too long ago for the Ohio Scottish games competing. Wish I would have know that. I have that same issue, I have PK biodiesel about 12 miles from the house but wholesale also. And nobody around except for the place in Miamisburg sells b100. I don't understand how we can have a refinery but not b100 around?

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I did stop and check this place out yesterday. You were right it is a WEIRD place. But a clean place and selling bio at that! :D
That's one of the Englefield Oil cardlock locations.

It's a commercial fueling station, but publicly accessible. (I fuel at their Newark location regularly.)

TDI
"It's a commercial fueling station, but publicly accessible."

I'm confused, has anyone filled up at these pacific pride places? Their website says you need to have one of their cards, and you need to buy something like 2500 gallons a year, but you guys seem to be able to use them?

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
One thing is that many of them aren't actually badged as Pacific Pride any more, they're badged as BP.

The second thing is that the "you need to have one of their cards and buy 2500+ gallons a year" thing is completely outdated - you can just pay at the pump like it's any other station, with a normal credit card.