Axle out of bearings after clutch, timing belt replacement

grhitesh

TDI
Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L
Hello everyone,

I just got Clutch, Flywheel, Water Pump, Timing belt replaced on my January 2013 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 TDI. But when the mechanic took it out to test drive he came without the car and said the left front axle has came out of the bearings (this he took out to replace the clutch and flywheel) and he got the car towed back and told me he will get this fixed in the market.

Could anyone help why this happened and is he really telling the truth by saying he will get the bearing back on the axle through another mechanic and the car will work right?

Posting the pic of the axle here from under the car.

grhitesh

TDI
Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L
Did he forget to put the axle bolt back on?
He is not telling anything rather saying its due to poor condition of bearing drying out. He had taken out the clutch, flywheel of the car and kept the car without them for 12 days as the new parts took time to arrive. I have consulted another mechanic and he says he must have fixed the axle improperly as they are very heavy parts and that's why it must have come out of bearings. Now he says he will put a new boot, bearing to fix the axle. So is ut because of old parts at 7.5 years and 60000 Kms or bad work by mechanic? Could he have not detected bearings drying out or in bad condition while he was fixing the clutch and flywheel?

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
Well, I have just done my clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, etc... in the last two weeks so it is still fairly fresh to me. I'm curious because my axles had 194,000 kms on them and were still in great shape.