Awesome Fest!

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
Thanks to Fred, Lawson and everyone who put the Fest together this year. The amount of time and effort it takes to pull something like this off is staggering. It was really awesome and I had an great time. I look forward to seeing y'all next year :D

Alex

...and yes, the Recaros were very comfy on the ride home :)

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
I second the motion.

It was my first Fest and I had a great time. Good speakers, good demonstrations, good conversations, and I got my dents out!

Thanks to all who worked so hard to pull it off.

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
I thought it was very well run and had a good time. Kudos to all those involved.

I also wanted to thank all those with far more knowledge than I for sharing it and helping anyone who needed out. Without the gurus of the TDI world, we would be, well, at the mercy of the steelerships! Thank you.

Hey, sign me up for next year !

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
Nice fest!
But I would have liked it if there was a few Audi TDi vehicles, Q7 and a A3 would have been cool to compliment the T-reg and Golf TDi. But I am not complaining, just stating an obsevation. I was able to get a few issues resolved.

Last edited:

hutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 1, 5 Spd, Graphite Blue / 2002 Jetta GLS, Black w/tan leather
Outstanding event! Hotel, location, everything ... was great!

Was good meeting new faces as well as "the regulars"!

Made it home safe last night and pray everyone has a safe trip back home.

copatdir6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
I completely agree and extend my deepest thanks to all that helped me in my time of need. For those who were there, I was the guy who had the 2003 Jetta that broke down only 11 miles from the Fest and needed it towed in Friday night.

Needless to say, after Bruce and Aaron (Growler) got their hands into it, I was fast on my way to a full recovery. I'll be posting my own thread listing more details (and hopefully pictures if anyone has some of my car) about my ordeal, but the graciousness of all involved willing to help a member in true need still continues to impress me to no end.

I'll be looking forward to next year's event!!!

Oh, by the way...the ride home took about 6.5 hours and roughly 370 miles.....ZERO problems. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
This was my fourth Fest; they seem to get better every time. We had a great time. THANKS to Lawson and the others (whose names I already forget!) who worked to make this a success.
Looking forward to 2010's!
The ride home took 3hours and no, we didn't get lost!
Someday we'll ride in my white TDI.
Kristina

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Wow, I suppose if you were going to have a breakdown, 11 miles from the fest is about as prime a spot as any. You must feel very grateful and lucky! Glad everything worked out copatdir6!

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
SPANKIN!!! What a fantastic Fest!! I've only made it to 3 so far but kudos to Lawson and crew (you too Fred) for a great weekend. This Fest ran smoother than 507 oil! Wonderful to see everyone, I wish we could do it more often (thank God for Ho5G).
Made it back in 10.5 hours including a side trip for bio at a station that wasn't open when I got there. Averaged 45 MPG going home. Looking forward to the next one.
Steve

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm glad you all had a great time! It was a lot of work for Chad and I and all of our wonderful volunteers who helped us the entire weekend. I honestly couldn't be any more pleased with the way things turned out. Thank you to all of you for showing up and making this the biggest TDI event anywhere! 225 registrations and 160+ cars!!

drdsl

TDI
1. 2005 passat tdi gls, chainless, united gray/ gray. 2. 2006 jetta tdi DE edition, manual, white/beige
Attended our first FEST and had a really good time ( took my 13 year old son Sacha and my wife). The best part of it is the quality of the people who organized the event and those who attend it. It is great to belong to a good group with a common passion.
Steve

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Very well done, guys! Anyone agree D.C. would make a great candidate for Fest's permanent home? That is, of course, if this year's organizers (who, did I mention, did a friggin awesome job?) are on board for more :)

xtrooper89

TDI
Wife's 2013 NMS Passat 6spd
I had an awesome time. This was my first fest too. Does anyone have anymore pictures, other than the ones posted in the photo gallery? those posted are great though, just was hoping to see more.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Matt-98AHU said:
Very well done, guys! Anyone agree D.C. would make a great candidate for Fest's permanent home? That is, of course, if this year's organizers (who, did I mention, did a friggin awesome job?) are on board for more :)

Count me in for that...permanent spot, maybe one east one west. It would allow the club to grow. My $.02 worth

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Sootman said:
Count me in for that...permanent spot, maybe one east one west. It would allow the club to grow. My $.02 worth
I dunno... I kinda like having it some place new every year. Gives us a chance to make it local to other members, meet new people, and visit new areas of our country. :D

Great Fest, folks! As always it's a great time. Met some new people, put faces to names and saw some old friends. I miss my "family" and it gets harder and harder to leave every time. Hotel was awesome! I finally got to see DC, after all those years of driving through it and living near it.

Thanks to the crew for working so hard to put together this event! Job well done. :D:D
Until next year, y'all! :cool:

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
I would like to see the fest move around as it has always done. I would love to see one in the midwest again personally.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Thanks for organizing this. Had a good time. Nice to see some more modded TDI's.

I enjoyed the movie. Wasn't planning on sticking around for the whole thing(needed to wash the car), but ended up leaning on that wall for the better part of 2hrs. So out to the washbay afterwards to give her a bath just after midnight. Talked to alot of the Hyatt staff as they were heading home. They were surprised so many of us were from out of state. Then to the parking lot for some interior cleaning till 2:30am. Had a good chat with the parking lot security guard keeping a eye on our VW's. So in the morning, just some tire shine, glass, and paint rubdown.

Checked out the TDI Golf VWoA brought down. I like it. I suggested to the VW lady from head office, that the cream headliner has to go. It needs to be black, as it's loaded with all the goodies. She wrote it down with the comments from others. Said she'll take it back to the office......

Had a good chat with AJ the TDI cup driver. Thumbsup to Hyperfuels for bringing him and the TDI Cup cars out to the show!

After the raffle, i went to the Smithsonian Air and Space hanger down the road. That was awesome. Left there and did a small drive/walk tour of DC. Pentagon, Washington/Lincoln monuments, Whitehouse, and Capitol Hill. Pretty cool. Gotta say your roads around DC SUCK! Especially around Georgetown/National Cathedral. I hammered my skidplate everywhere! :eek: :mad:

Started the drive from Georgetown at 9:30pm and walked into my house in Toronto at 6:15am.

What a long day.........

Cellphone Pic:

Pete

Last edited:

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
A decade of fests all are unique, just as we are. Lawson & Chad crew a well done for you. All the effort did pay off.

Everyones generosity for auction & raffle donations helps keep this site the best.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Great fest! I thoroughly enjoyed it. And the award truly warms my heart and really makes everything I do worth while. Thanks so much to the planning committee, and to all the great members who attended. :)

Grafiks

TDI
'03 Golf 4 door, 04 Jetta Sedan, 04 Jetta wagon
TDI Fest was Excellent

I really enjoyed my first TDI Fest. Met some great people and learned a lot about my cars. Thanks to all that purchased my t-shirts. This was kind-of a last minute idea but helped foot the bill for the weekend. Well, at least a small contribution since I came home with a pair of seats, clutch, injectors, tune by Jeff and the cam install by Jason. Several people offered new ideas for t-shirts that I plan to offer. Got to educate people as to how much better the TDI is than a Hybrid.
Special thanks to Lawson, Chad, Jason, Chill, Brian and all of the others that made the event great. Bruce and Aaron (Growler) really jumped in and got the guy with the breakdown back on the road. Hope to be at next years event, even if it is in Portland?
Bob

PS
I have a few t-shirts left if anyone is interested.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
xtrooper89 said:
I had an awesome time. This was my first fest too. Does anyone have anymore pictures, other than the ones posted in the photo gallery? those posted are great though, just was hoping to see more.
Give us time, man! Some of us just got home!:D

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
The bar has been raised! And I mean "bar" in both senses! :D

An all-round fantastic job by all involved. The location, the venue, the military precision with which all events came off (that still means really good, right??), and of course, the diesel heads who provide boundless entertainment. I could not help but tell the organizers throughout the event what an incredible job they did. :D

I was delighted (and nervous) to see three of the country's nicest B4Vs all lined up in competition. ;) And thanks to the genius at Dent Wizard, all those signs of parking lot ignorance are erased.

Our fantastic weekend was topped off by an impromptu TDI (and one TDI in training) convoy home. The SnowCubs and Only in a Beetle caught up with us by pure coincidence...evidently Mrs. Cub and Lug_nut have the same size bladder. :p Good thing! That was fun.

I wish the best of luck to next year's organizers. The standards are WAY up there! :D

Thank you!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I had a great time rolling up there. Thanks VeeDubTDI for putting this event together.

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
VeeDubTDI said:
I'm glad you all had a great time! It was a lot of work for Chad and I and all of our wonderful volunteers who helped us the entire weekend. I honestly couldn't be any more pleased with the way things turned out. Thank you to all of you for showing up and making this the biggest TDI event anywhere! 225 registrations and 160+ cars!!
I want to second this. Lawson and I are very glad that everyone enjoyed themselves and had a great time. Saying it was a lot of work is an understatement, but seeing everyone having a good time and seeing the entire event go smoothly was the big pay off for us and made it all worth it.

I also want to thank all of our volunteers (blue shirt people) for all the work they did and the willingness to take time out of their Fest experience to help us. Without you it would have never gone as smoothly as it did.

dieselvet

TDI
MB GLK 250 4M BT
Great organization, great hotel, great event. I was home by 10pm last night with a few stops along the way.

otm646

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 AHU Jetta.
The road rally made 'fest, I was itching to get my manical driving out for the weekend.

Thanks guys.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Jetter_Sprinta said:
Our fantastic weekend was topped off by an impromptu TDI (and one TDI in training) convoy home. The SnowCubs and Only in a Beetle caught up with us by pure coincidence...evidently Mrs. Cub and Lug_nut have the same size bladder. :p Good thing! That was fun.
Now you all have to imagine this caravan after we left the rest stop, of a white Beetle, a Mercedes, a B4V and a Cabrio making a bee line from Middletown, NY to Waterbury, CT not exactly doing the speed limit. I'm sure we confused the heck out of a lot of people. It was quite a trip for me, especially the times that I had to explain to the wife (SnowWife, who was driving) why certain cars were having trouble with the pace at different times. What the difference was between an ALH motor and a 1Z, people's various stages of tune, and the problem that we always have with the Mercedes wanting to shoot north of 100 mph due to Jeff's Rocketchip tune on the inline 6. :)

I have to give props to Lug_Nut for keeping up (and even setting the pace at times) as long as he did on his stock tune. I was sure he was going to to give up, especially when OnlyInABeetle set the pace. Note for anyone following OnlyInABeetle, please be sure to ask her whether she has had her morning caffeine yet. It's a big difference! Like the difference between Brussels_Belgian and HamsterDiesel pace. :eek: